relief

LEO============23/01/2003Panay, The Philippines============

LEO
============
23/01/2003
Panay, The Philippines
============

"Are you ever going to say anything else?" I groan, resting my head on the table. I don't know how the fuck Nova has coped with this guy all week.

"Not unless you offer my freedom." He speaks confidently, looking up from where he's chained against the wall.

"You're not making my job any easier, Abe," I grumble, he lets out a small chuckle.

"Because I'm not on your side. I'll tell you a thing, on one condition," he offers with a shrug.

"Depends on how valuable the information is, and what the condition is." I mutter, raising my head up and off the table.

"Very important. If I give this information, you give a 'place to sleep that isn't a wall," he says quietly.

That's the only condition? What the fuck?

"Consider it done," I roll my shoulders, leaning forward in anticipation.

"I'm only saying 'cause the girl has fed me." He says nonchalantly, my jaw immediately clenching.

"Nova? What does this have to do with Nova?" I snap, my nails already digging into my palms.

"The blonde man."

My heart starts racing, I can feel the sweat droplets beginning to form themselves around my hairline, an awful feeling of dread looming over me.

"Jed? What about him?" I urge.

No answer. Abe simply stares at me.

"What about him, Goddamnit?!" I hiss.

"He's the one working with us. I think he took her out to kill her."

My word comes to a standstill for a moment, veers around me, and I wait for Abe to tell me he's lying. To tell me that my best buddy here is not actually the insider. And to tell me that he hasn't actually lured Nova out to kill her.

Abe looks completely serious, and the adrenaline immediately kicks in. My blood runs cold. The fucking protector instinct kicks in.

No.

I'm out of my chair in half a second, knocking it over in the process. I have never sprinted out of a room so fucking fast in my life. My heart is pounding harder than ever before.

Not her. Not Nova. Not Nova.

Throwing myself back out into the open base, I grab the nearest gun I find lying around, loading it up. North spots me and jogs over as I'm pulling on my gear rapidly. "Hendrix? Wh--"

"—It's Jed. He's the fucking insider, Abe just admitted it. He's fucking took Nova out to kill her off!" I'm yelling at the top of my lungs, immediately sprinting towards the gates before North can even process what in the goddamn hell I've just told him.