revenge

NOVA===============04/05/2003Alto, New MexicoSilverwing Base================

NOVA
===============
04/05/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silverwing Base
================

In about four hours time, Nicholas will hopefully be dead.

The trauma that has been suffocating me will finally allow new, clean air into my lungs. The restraints of the past will finally break away from around my wrists.

I'll be able to carry on with my life knowing he's not right around the corner.

I'll be able to live in peace, eventually die with the knowledge that I got my revenge.

If all goes to plan.

"Today's the day," Leo grumbles, leaning across the bed and whacking my alarm off with a significant amount of aggression.

I hum in response, feeling the vibration ricocheting around my nerves. I glance to my hands, noticing how they're rapidly quivering.

Nervous isn't the right word. Nervous-anticipation is more apt.

My eyes find the time; 5:55am. Vincent wants us ready and at the chopper by 6:30am. Luckily, I got pretty damn organised yesterday; saves the stress of this morning.

"Have you got your gear ready?" I manage to croak out, clearing my dry throat.

"Yeah, it's all in your washroom. Come here, Nov," He says, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me into his chest, smoothing his hand down my hair.

"Whatever happens, I'm so fucking proud of you. The fact that you're even coming today is something else entirely," he muffles against my ear.

"Thank you," I whisper, "for supporting me."

"Always," his lips press against my forehead.

"You're my favourite person," I say quietly, tilting my gaze so I can see his face.

"Well, you're mine second to Banksy," he chuckles. I know he's trying to make everything more lighthearted, he does that.

I give him the usual gentle slap against his back. I didn't think I'd smile at all today before Nicholas is in the grave, but Leo has proved me wrong.

"Of course you're mine, Nov," I feel him grin against me.

I just need him.

"You mean the world to me," I whisper, running my thumb across his cheekbone.

"Just the world? I'd prefer the universe," He grins, moving his hand to my own and guiding my lips towards his; trapping them in a kiss.