raid

NOVA============08/02/2003 - 5:45pmPanay, The Philippines============

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

NOVA
============
08/02/2003 - 5:45pm
Panay, The Philippines
============

"Are you ready for this?" Tara asks, checking over her rounds for a final time.

I take a deep breath before answering. I don't know if we are ready for this, but we need to act. There's absolutely no more time to waste now we've got the location, especially when another life is scheduled to end tomorrow.

The plan has been thrown together in a complete hurry. There's probably loopholes swirled all the way through, but North says we don't have the chance to perfect it.

This is the most disorganised, yet most determined I've ever felt in my whole life.

"I think so. We have to be, right?" I reply with a small sigh, ensuring that all of my gear fits perfectly so I'm ready to up and leave tomorrow.

Tara nods slightly. Her eyes hold a nervous gaze, most of ours do. Some aren't even completely recovered from the events of last week, yet they're insisting to come along and assist.

The sounds of clanking artillery riddles the tense atmosphere around base, everybody fluttering about in their own preparations.

Our plan is to push in, pretty much what I had suggested that day I argued with Leo. Push in with no hesitation, hopefully take out a fair few adversaries instantly, and storm every damn room until we find what we're looking for.

The hostages, and hopefully him.

North paces over to us and halts, analysing our movements in complete silence.

"Sir?" I tilt my head, standing upright.

"'Just seeing how everybody is getting along with the preparations. This is our most intense operation in years, I'd say. So many lives are on the line. We can not afford to fuck this up in any way." He speaks in a warning tone, pacing around on his spot.

"None of us plan on letting this fail, North. It's just going to be different, we've always had a completely strategised method in the past, also a whole lot more time to prepare." I say calmly.

He mumbles something under his breath, causing Tara to glance at me and shrug.

"I'm counting on you two. You're two of my best, I know you're both crucial in this plan." He speaks over his shoulder, already starting to stride away from us.

"I barely even know an outline of the plan, how are we getting out there again?" She asks once North is out of earshot, resuming the check over her rifle.

"The choppers, we fly in on two of them. Third one will get flown in once we've secured the hostages, all three pilots are needed. I guess that's the good thing about their hideout being in a farmland, there's plenty of space around the fields for us to land on." I inform, squinting as I attempt to remember all of the details.