honour

NOVA===============01/03/2003Panay, The Philippines================

NOVA
===============
01/03/2003
Panay, The Philippines
================

I feel violently ill, partially because I'm hungover. I don't remember us falling asleep.

I wish we fucking hadn't, because in what feels like the blink of an eye, our last night together is over. We're still buried under the covers, my back pressed against Leo's chest with his arms spooned around me.

I catch a glimpse of the watch on his wrist, 8:40. I know for a fact his watch is twenty minutes slow, for some damn reason he never adjusted it.

It means I've only got an hour.

"Leo," I whisper, he groans after a second as I rotate to face him.

"Morning, Nov," he grumbles, climbing out of his slumber before his eyes fly open. "Fuck. It's today, isn't it?"

I give a short nod and he yanks me as close as humanely possible against him, locking his lips with mine.

I can still taste the whiskey.

I snake my arms around his neck, returning the kiss with as much force as I can possibly muster. His hand grips the back of my neck, wedging his knee between my thighs and slipping his tongue into my mouth.

I just want to stay like this. Locked in this moment.

But time is constantly moving, inevitably marching us forward.

"Why did you do this to me, Nova," he groans, abruptly pulling away as his body stiffens. His whole demeanour changes in an instant, I can physically feel it shift.

"Why did I do what?" I frown, even more so as he turns to face the opposite fucking direction.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about," his tone twists, words freezing up.

What the fuck?

"No, Leo. I don't-"

He interrupts me with an deep sigh, edging towards the side of the bed. He peers over the covers before swiftly sliding out, pulling his shirt over his head.

I sit up slowly, furrowing my eyebrows as I prop myself on to my elbows. "What the goddamn hell has gotten into you all of a sudden?"

"What do you fucking think?" He growls, shovelling his feet into his boots.

"I don't know? I can't read your fucking mind, Leo!" I seethe, shooting up to my own feet and tapping my finger against my skull.