air

LEO===============29/02/2003Panay, The Philippines================

LEO
===============
29/02/2003
Panay, The Philippines
================

"Leo? Nova?"

I heave out groan at the sound of my name, burying my face deeper into Nova's hair as a breeze rustles past. I groggily come to terms with the realisation that I am in fact not in bed. I'm on a patch of grass, arms right around her as she presses against my chest, fast asleep.

I turn my head, finding Tara gazing down at us with an expression I can't quite read.

Shock? Amusement? Confusion? One of them, I've got no fucking idea.

"You're lucky I found you both before anyone else did," she snickers, folding her arms.

"We-"

She shakes her head with a smirk, halting my explanation, "I saw something like this happening, it was only a matter of time."

Before I can ask how she knew something would happen, Nova starts to stir. She lets out a dramatic sigh, and I wait for her realise the position we're in right now.

"Leo," she groans against my chest with a yawn, slowly tilting her face to look up at mine. She follows my gaze, eyebrows furrowing as she glances sideways at Tara.

"Oh for fucks sake," she murmurs with a breathy laugh, still coming out of her sleep. Tara erupts into laughter, clapping her hands together.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me as always," she snickers, "although, I don't think it would've been ideal if any of the Commanders found you out here."

"Yeah, you're right about that one," I sigh, pushing myself up into a seat, "what time is it?"

"It's 10am, I had to practically tear this base apart to find you both. I didn't even realise you could come around the back of the barracks," she shrugs.

I glance down at Nova with a grin, helping her sit up in her groggy state. "See? I told you nobody else comes around here."

She rolls her pretty green eyes, rubbing them and pushing up onto her feet. "Was somebody looking for us?" She tilts her head as I stand up behind her.

"Vincent and North want to talk with you both at 11, not sure what it's about. I didn't hear you in the bunk last night Novie, so I guessed something was going on. Didn't want you to sleep in, then it would look suspicious." She grins, gesturing back and forth to both of us.