revelation

TW- Gore. Fighting.

LEO============09/02/2003Panay, The PhilippinesPassi City============

LEO
============
09/02/2003
Panay, The Philippines
Passi City
============

I've held my fair share of women in life.

But the feeling of holding Nova Shields after thinking she was dead is something I can't even describe. Having my arms around her, knowing that she's alright.

Knowing that she was just as fucking worried about me.

We break apart after a moment, and she gives me a bittersweet, pretty smile. 

"Hendrix, what's your condition? Happy to see you're alive and not in the grave." North appears beside me, resting an aging hand up and on my shoulder. The relief is clear in his voice.

"I've been worse," I grin, pacing to help the others unchain the remaining hostages.

Ali stares at the team with grateful eyes. The whole squad works rapidly, it definitely won't be long until Altashih ruins our process of freeing everybody.

"Thank you, oh thank you." I hear Divya crying as Nova releases the chains from her wrists. She gives Divya a half smile before swiftly moving onto Ali's binds.

I can't help but watch her expression drop into a pit of sadness as she looks at him. She must realise how young he really is.

"You've handled everything like a champ," I speak to Ali as Nova helps him to his feet, he stumbles slightly. I guess he hasn't stood up properly in weeks, probably 'just been dragged around.

He nods slowly, he's still terrified. He's well within his right, we aren't out of the woods.

"Here, kid. I want you to wear this," Nova's usual rough tone softens as I notice her unbuckling her vest.

I take a firm hold of her wrist before the clasps come undone. "What the fuck are you doing?"

She narrows her eyes. "My job, you clown."

"Your job isn't to get yourself killed." I hiss, shaking my head.

"The job is to get these people out alive!"

As much as I hate to admit it, I suppose she's right. Half of the job is risking our lives.

I just really don't want her to die.

"We've got spares on the chopper, I just want him to get out safely." She whispers, sliding the vest off and putting it over Ali's head. A little similar how I did with her that day.

"Okay, fine. Just get yourself out of here, please," I sigh, releasing my grip on her arm.

"When the job is done, I will." She speaks affirmatively, cocking her gun.