unexpected

TW - Gore. Terrorism.

LEO============12/01/2003Phoenix, Arizona Redhawk base

LEO
============
12/01/2003
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk base

I'm wedged in shock after the fucking gore I've just watched. Two men being brutally beheaded.

"And you said that this 'Atashih' group still has hostages?" I manage to murmur, finally pulling my eyes away from the screen to look up at North. He nods solemnly.

"Twenty of them. Our own citizens. Youngest thought to be aged 15, not sure on the oldest. They want their prisoners back," he sighs, remaining quiet for a second. A look of understanding washes across my face.

A fifteen year old, probably absolutely fucking terrified. No idea if they're going to live or die, life completely hung in limbo.

"We're going out there, aren't we?" I confirm, although I'm pretty damn sure that I'm right.

Yep, I am. North gives Rhys and I an affirmative nod.

"We all are. Most of our groups, for the first time in history." He says, raising his eyebrows as though he's surprised at his own statement.

Most of us?

"Almost every single squad? The entirety of Fleetwood? Is that a good idea?" I question, a little fucking shocked at this decision. He thinks for a moment before shaking his head.

"The BlueJay squad will be staying here in the States, the other intel groups will be joining us. It's an all hands on deck situation. All three combat squads are essential, especially since we don't yet know if the military is going to be able to gain access into the Philippines."

"How are we granted access but the military isn't?" I mutter in confusion.

"Because the Filipino Government requested our help specifically. We helped them out around the time Fleetwood was formed, and they're under a whole lot of pressure since Atashih is trying to control them. Organising the military could take a whole lot longer, and time is of the fucking essence when our citizens are in the line of fire."

He pauses for a second, taking a deep breath.

"The only issue is, we don't know where about in the Philippines the group is keeping the hostages. That's something we have to figure out when we get there, we don't have any time to waste. There's not a chance in hell we're giving up our prisoners, so we are going to have to fight to get our citizens out of their grasps!" 

He speaks like some sort of war-hero who's making a speech. I give him an uncertain glance, glimpsing back at the now-blackened computer screen.

"How soon do we have to leave?" Rhys asks, he looks fucking terrified right now.

"Tomorrow. We're already arranging transportations out of the country, three separate planes to stay cautious. The Filipino Government is offering up one of their military bases for us to stay in."