redhawk

NOVA===============06/12/2003Redhawk BasePhoenix, Arizona================

NOVA
===============
06/12/2003
Redhawk Base
Phoenix, Arizona
================

My heart sinks to my stomach.

He's lying unnervingly still, hooked up to all sorts of machines. His right leg is completely plastered up in a cast, held up by a block.

He looks dead.

There's two people at his bedside, although I thought there was a one person rule. North whips his head around, jaw immediately falling to the floor.

"Well I'll be fucking damned, Shields?!" He gasps, shoving up out of his seat and striding over to me. Before I even get a reply in, he shocks me by yanking me into a fatherly embrace.

"Hi, North," I sniffle, pulling away as he releases me.

"I can't believe you're actually here. Weren't you in-"

"-Australia? Yeah, I got the first flights back after Vincent called," I nod slowly, stepping aside and walking towards Leo's bed.

There's a girl with glossy, ruby red hair sat beside him; a hand on the edge of his bed. I don't know who she is, but I definitely don't appreciate the way she's lingering and how she hasn't bothered to look in my direction.

"Who are you?" She suddenly finds the audacity to scoff, shooting me a side glare.

If she looks at me like that again, I have half the mind to launch this bitch out of the fucking window. Especially if she doesn't move in the next three seconds.

"Nova Shields," I fold my arms, unable to stop my nose from crinkling in annoyance.

I watch in satisfaction as her eye twitches the second I tell her my name. She knows exactly who I am.

But she doesn't budge, keeps her ass perched in the seat.

"Hm," she shrugs, "I've been keeping Leo company," a smug little grin plasters across her face, one that I instantly want to slap right off.

I'm a girl's girl through and through, until I'm disrespected.

"Thank you, well now I'm here. You can go and do something else," I smile sweetly.

"And who gives you the right to tell me what to do? Me and Leo have had a great time together whilst you've been away, honey," she smirks, raising her eyebrows in an attempt to belittle me despite the fact I've got a good few years on her.

I don't buy it for a second. My trust in this man will never waver.

I also don't have time for this. My sweet persona instantly dissolves as I reach forward and yank her up by the collar. North doesn't interject from where he's lingering by the door, I guess somebody needs to humble her.