time

LEO===============03/05/2003Alto, New MexicoSilverwing Base================

LEO
===============
03/05/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silverwing Base
================

'Good morning Nov :]
I've let you sleep late since
tomorrow is the mission and because
I know you haven't been
sleeping well.
I'll take care of training the rookies
this morning :]
-Leo'

I place the note on her bed-stand, treading lightly across the floor of her cabin and opening the door as quietly as I can.

She'll probably be pissed at me for letting her sleep in, start her usual yapping about her 'tasks', but I don't care. Tomorrow is going to be a hell of a long, intense day.

She practically sent me to sleep last night but I know for a fact she was still awake at midnight. I kept hearing her scuffle back and forth to the washroom through all hours.

It's starting to get really damn hot here in New Mexico. Everyone is frolicking around base in shorts, vests.

I swiftly pace towards the food hall, craving whatever the first thing is that comes into my line of vision. I sense somebody moving in my direction, halting at my side.

I inhale a sharp breath as I turn around to face Dylan.

"What do you want?" I narrow my eyes.

"Listen Hendrix. I know that we got off on the 'darn wrong foot a few years ago, because I was pissin' 'bout with that rookie. I know tomorrow is a damn big day, so I just wanted to clear the air and apologise,"

His hand extends out in my direction as he sighs, furrowing his thick black eyebrows.

Dylan Holmes? Fucking apologising?

I don't really know how to respond to this, so I do the morally correct thing. I briefly take his hand to shake, squeezing his knuckles in warning before releasing my grip.

"Fine. Although, if you do anything that fucks this up tomorrow, I won't let it go lightly,"

"Point taken," he mumbles as I resume my walk towards the hall.

I must have arrived at the damn peak time. Practically everybody is in here, all chattering amongst themselves.

My eyes land on the three rookies, sat on the end of one of the benches and deep in conversation. Two of them; one of the brothers and Avery, are punching each other in the arms. The other brother is simply shaking his head at them.