uncertainty

LEO==09/09/2002=="What?" She asks bluntly, twisting the handle on her door; obviously waiting for the opportunity to walk inside

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

LEO
==
09/09/2002
==
"What?" She asks bluntly, twisting the handle on her door; obviously waiting for the opportunity to walk inside.

"Are you okay with this?" I say quietly. Honestly, is this even me talking right now?

"Yeah." She mutters.

"But-"

"We both got what we wanted." She murmurs, opening the door to her cabin. I stick out my foot and jam the door before she can close it, muttering under my breath.

"Nova, this isn't what I wanted."

She doesn't hear me.

"Leo, move your fucking foot." She hisses at me, her patience clearly hanging on by a thread.

"I can't."

And with that, she boots my foot away and shuts her door before I can stop her.

=============
11/01/2003
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk Base

It's been four months since Nova left the Hawks.

Rhys Oliver has taken her place. As much as I hate to admit it, it is painfully obvious that Nova was the best cut out person for the job.

We, however, were not cut from the same cloth.

"I told you that the best way to go about it is by using Tara as our sniper. Do you agree?"

I ask Rhys. He very clearly disagrees, but he doesn't say it. "Yes, Sir."

Why the fuck is he still calling me Sir? I guess I've gotten so accustomed to either being called a 'bastard' 'prick' or 'piece of shit', that this seems foreign to me.

And an incomprehensible part of me misses it. Misses the challenge.

"You're allowed to say if you disagree, y'know? I won't be mad."

"No, Sir. I don't disagree."

"Stop calling me Sir, Rhys. We're completely equal and we have been for a while now, you're allowed to call me Leo." I reassure him.

"I don't think I'm cut out for this." He murmurs out of the blue.

I shake my head. "You are, you just need time getting used to the position is all."

Now I'm the one lying. He's had four fucking months to get used to this, and we've had absolutely no progress.

I used to think nobody could replace Carlos. I was entirely wrong.