birthday

NOVA============22/01/2003Panay, The Philippines============

NOVA
============
22/01/2003
Panay, The Philippines
============

"What do you mea-"

I cut Leo off by grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the door, locking it behind us.

"I mean what I said. He just spoke, he admitted there is someone in this base who's been working alongside them." I exclaim, almost excited at the fact that my deduction was right from the start.

"Did he say who?" He questions immediately, an anticipatory edge in his voice.

My face morphs into a look of disappointment, "no. He won't admit who. But I swear I'll get it out-"

Now he cuts me off, placing a hand on my shoulder and shaking his head slowly.

"No, you've done enough. Take some time to relax or you're going to burn yourself out, Nova." He sighs, taking my hand and shoving a tin of soup into it.

I just raise my eyebrows slightly, "oh? And since when do you care?" I snicker provokingly.

"I don't," He grunts, gazing off and at a wall.

"Sure you don't," I bite down on the grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

I don't know what this new dynamic is between him and I, but I much prefer it to the one where we were practically trying to rip each others throats out. It's less, stressful.

Although, there is still times where I want to rip him a new one.

He just mumbles something under his breath and rolls his eyes, "go and eat. I'll take over from here."

I shake my head, "I'm not hungry."

He shoots me an irritated glare, "you haven't fucking eaten. Take that soup and get it down that damn motormouth of yours."

"Okay," I shrug, cracking open the tin of soup right here and now, chugging it down. He stares at me like I'm clinically insane.

"I didn't mean fucking have it right here! God, I forgot how fucking stubborn you can be," he groans, wiping a hand frustratedly over his face, dragging it down his stubbly chin before furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't want to miss any of the action," I shrug, holding down a laugh at the glare he's giving me.

"Well, you're going to miss it when you pass out from lack of sleep. I swear to god Nova, go and sleep right now." He hisses frustratedly.

I think a part of me is still high from the fact I got Abe to admit something. I don't feel like I need to sleep at all.

"No," I shrug, reaching out my hand towards the door-handle. His hand dashes out as he takes a firm hold of my wrist.