ramirez

LEO==============06/06/2002 - 11pmLa Castellana Safe HouseColombia==============

LEO
==============
06/06/2002 - 11pm
La Castellana Safe House
Colombia
==============

I haven't slept a wink.

Everyone is bustling around in the room, going through their final counts of ammo and discussing the plan with each other. Looking over at Nova, I watch as she's strapping a pistol to her thigh over her cargos. With a scoff, I approach her.

"What's this?" I question, snatching it out of the holster on her thigh to look at it.

"Something I'll shoot you with if you do that again." She snarls as she grabs it back off of me. I chuckle slightly and shake my head.

"Of course I know what it is. It just looks ancient. I think you need an upgrade." I grin provokingly at her. She just rolls her eyes and lets out an exasperated sigh.

"This pistol has a bigger kill streak than you could even fathom, Leo." She replies bluntly, turning away to slide the rest of her equipment into her vest. I raise my eyebrows. "Oh? And how'd you figure that out?"

"It used to be my Dad's." She replies irritatedly this time. I'm definitely pissing her off. "And why did your dad carry around a Smith and Wesson? Was he a nutcase like you are?" I quip.

She turns to face me again with a completely unimpressed expression. "Just an ex-veteran. You think I'm a nutcase? Imagine you'd met my brother." She chuckles as she mutters under her breath, I don't think she meant for me to hear that last part.

What's the deal with her brother?

"What do you mean by that?" I ask with genuine curiosity, staring to load my gear into my vest.

She shoots me a frustrated look, supposedly because I heard her mumbling.

"I'm not giving you a rundown of my family history just before we're going on a mission, Leo." She shakes her head.

My shoulders just shrug in response. "Alright, well, when we're done with this mission. Can I get the rundown then?" My arms fold across my chest as I raise my eyebrows in anticipation of her answer.

I don't know why I'm bothering asking this. I suppose I just want to know if there's a reason deep down as to why she's such a bitch.

She narrows her eyes at me.

"No," she mutters, "you are, in fact, quite literally the last person I'd speak to about my past."

So there is something deeper going on.

"Im sure I can guess. Mommy issues? You haven't mentioned her yet, and you don't seem like a mothers idea of a daughter." I snicker, but the gaze that I am met with is cold and unforgiving. Her face immediately twists into the definition of anger itself.