answers

TW - Violence. Mentions of suicide.

NOVA===============09/02/2003, 5amPassi CityThe Philippines================

NOVA
===============
09/02/2003, 5am
Passi City
The Philippines
================

When I've been in shock in the past, my heart has started beating out of my chest. A rapid thump, over and over again a million times per minute, threatening to pierce right through my skin.

Right now, standing in front of my hellish half-brother, my heart feels as though it's stopped dead.

"I'll talk," I whisper, stepping out from behind Leo. I don't have a fucking clue what I'm doing, or if this is the right thing.

I just need answers.

Leo shoots me a worried glance, putting his arm out in front of me. "Don't do this," he shakes his head slowly.

"Don't stop her," Nicholas says, a smug grin on his face.

"You shut the fuck up, take a damn step towards us and I swear to God I'll blow your brains out." Leo seethes with another threat.

"I'll stay right here," the bastard shrugs nonchalantly.

Leo shoots me a weary glance, stepping backwards and pulling me with him. The cracks of dawn are starting to leak in though the wooden panels of the boarded window behind us.

I last saw Nicholas when he was fifteen years old, I was only seven. I can't remember our appearances ever being as alike as they are now, we both look exactly like Dad.

Knowing I share features with the devil is unnerving.

My hand snakes towards my S&W at my side, and I try to hide the way it's shaking over the metal. "Well?" I murmur. He's the one who wanted to talk, he can fucking start.

"I bet your wondering how I came into all of this, hm?" He grins, Leo tightens his grip around my arm.

"You're damn fucking right, I should've known you'd grow up to be the bastard you always were." I hiss.

"Don't test me, Nova." He reaches for his sleeve but halts, carefully putting his hands back at his sides.

"Don't you fucking test me, you piece of shit." I seethe, fingers brushing the body of my gun. I want to just kill him now.

Kill him.

"Look at you, all grown up." He tilts his head, that same wicked smirk he always had tugging at his lips. I don't say anything, Leo links his arm right around the side of my waist, guiding me as close as possible against him.