crave

LEO===============26/02/2003Panay, The Philippines================

LEO
===============
26/02/2003
Panay, The Philippines
================

What the fuck have I done?

Everything we've been through has gone down the fucking gutter, all because I couldn't keep my lips off of hers for any longer. Couldn't keep my fingers out of her either, apparently.

And now, I've had to lie my way out of it. I told her it was a mistake, even though it was the complete damn opposite.

I wanted it so fucking much that I couldn't think straight; couldn't think rationally. I definitely didn't think about the fucking consequences, how severely it will change things between us.

I really thought that lying was my only option, but I think it's made everything worse. I don't know how I can even look her in the damn eyes again.

I noticed her jolt a little as the words left my mouth. She said it might have been a mistake, I said it was a mistake.

Why, for the love of fucking God, didn't I just say the same damn thing as her?

Maybe it's for the best. Maybe I need to try and stay away from her, because the way she makes me feel is something completely foreign to me. I feel so vulnerable around her. She's the only person who's managed to break through the walls I've built around me, without even trying.

She is the last person I ever thought would cause these conflicting emotions.

There's just something about her, there's always been something about her.

I used to hate it, I used to despise her. I used to despise way she always quirked her eyebrows and folded her arms after making a point. I hated that she was the one person who didn't back down to me.

Now? Now they're all just things I love about her. I love the way she puts up a fight, the way she doesn't take any shit. I love the dramatic sigh that heaves from her lips whenever I say something that pisses her off.

I even fucking love her stubbornness.

Now, the only thing that I hate is how fucking badly I want her.

I used to think that if she was out of the equation, my life would be easier. I think it was the fact I almost lost her twice that made me realise my life would be a whole lot fucking worse if she wasn't in it.

Now she's a part of it, I can't imagine it without her.

Thank God I haven't physically lost her, but emotionally, I think I have.

She probably doesn't even realise I'm leaning against the other side of the barracks door, battling the urge to dash back in and tell her that I was lying.

I can't, for her sake. She's been through enough, the last thing she needs to worry about is this. Us.

I sigh, removing my fingers from the handle and forcing myself away. I know I've got to face her again in a very short amount of time since North wants to talk to us both about Abe.