compass

LEO===============19/02/2003Panay, The Philippines================

LEO
===============
19/02/2003
Panay, The Philippines
================

"You need to stop damn pushing yourself," I mumble as she slowly strides past me, walking like fucking Bambi.

She shoots me a glare that represents nothing short of irritation, "I'm not pushing myself."

I sigh, leaning my head down and scraping my hands through my hair. She doesn't get my fucking point, she only woke up yesterday and now she thinks she's a damn track-star.

"If you keep moving around like that you're going to get hurt, again." I grumble.

A completely over-exaggerated groan escapes her lips as she lowers onto the edge of her bed. "Walking around the med-bay isn't going to get me stabbed."

"Maybe not, but you're still weak. You could black out and hit your head or something." I murmur, and I know I'm right. Blood pressure drops after something like this can be a bitch, and I guess she's pretending she hasn't swayed on her feet a fair few times when standing up.

"You know when you were in captivity, Tara told me that you barely got fed and barely got the chance to move around. Is that right?" She asks, folding her arms.

I hum in response, pacing around the room.

"And you still managed to fight, even when you were that weak. Consider it the same thing." She remarks with a shrug.

Now I groan, "it's not the same fucking thing, Nova. You've been in a goddamn coma!"

"Rosa said the best thing to do is to try and move around. You were literally fucking there when she said it, stop acting like you're the goddamn medic here!" She hisses, an eye twitching in annoyance.

Before our bicker can intensify, Marv appears at the door and strolls into the room with a tray of food. We both fall silent immediately.

"Everything okay?" He raises his eyebrows, placing down the tray of food next to her bed to which she smiles gratefully.

"Marv, can you tell Leo that it's perfectly fine for me to try and walk around?" She interjects before I can get a damn word in.

I glance at Marv who nods slowly, "sure. As long as you have somebody with you, theres no problem," he smiles, Nova shooting me a smug grin.

I roll my eyes, pacing over to the seat next to her bed and falling into it as Marv dismisses himself.

We both watch him leave the room, our gazes instantly snapping back to each other the second the door swings shut.

"You're 'gonna be the death of me one day, Shields. I need damn extra pay for the amount of times I've saved your ass." I mumble as she picks up her fork, aiming it at me with a grin.