letter

NOVA===============29/04/2003Alto, New MexicoSilverwing Base================

NOVA
===============
29/04/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silverwing Base
================

I'm frantically brushing my teeth.

Why the fuck am I brushing my teeth?

I've flung every last piece of clothing on my floor into my one single cupboard, scraped off all the residue ash from my bedside.

My cabin fucking stinks of smoke, so that isn't really helping my case.

I splash some ice cold water on my face, always works the trick. Just as I reach for the towel with squinted eyes, somebody knocks on my door.

"Nova?"

I scrape the towel across my face, spitting out the last bit of toothpaste before dashing out of the washroom.

I halt directly at the door, hand poised on the handle.

If I don't let him in, everything will go back to the way it always was. If I do let him in, it could end either well or really fucking bad.

I can't wait to see what excuse he cooks up, the reason he couldn't say goodbye.

"Nova? Are you in there?"

Before my mind decides to conflict itself for any longer, I twist the handle and open the door.

"You're early," I mumble, fighting off the obscene urge to just rip his fucking clothes off. Why does he have to look like that?

Some strands of his dark, rugged hair hang over his whiskey eyes. A muscular arm reaches up to lean against the frame. He dominates the entirety of my doorway, and for an awful second, I want to be that damn doorway.

"It's 7:59," he groans, stepping and inviting himself inside before I can object. Although, we all know that I couldn't actually bring myself to object.

I'm so fucking pissed off at him, but I'm also secretly so fucking glad he's here.

"Make yourself at home," I huff under my breath, glowering as he takes a seat in the chair opposite my bed.

I trudge over, lowering myself down onto the edge of my mattress as we fall into a charged silence. A tense silence. You couldn't slice it with a sword.

"Well, do you want to start or should I?" He cuts the quietness.

I can't help but laugh, "I already said, I have nothing to say to you-"