vexation

LEO=== ==== ==== ====02/06/2002 - 11amPhoenix, ArizonaRedhawk Base==== ==== ==== ====

LEO
=== ==== ==== ====
02/06/2002 - 11am
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk Base
==== ==== ==== ====

Still a smart ass, obnoxious bitch.

I don't like the way she spoke back to me. I don't appreciate the fact everyone just went along with her plan, either.

Even though it makes sense, I don't want her to get the satisfaction that I secretly agree with her.

It would be quite humbling if she got hurt or fucked up the mission, though.

I haven't let go of that meeting for the past 3 days.

I punch the dummy in the training facility with significantly more force than I usually would. Jed glimpses over at me from where he's practicing his knife combat.

"Do I even want to know why you're beating the shit out of that poor dummy like it's Paolo Ramirez himself?" He laughs, picking up a different set of knives.

I just ignore him at first, uppercutting the dummy. He grins as he comes to a realisation. "Let me guess, you're imagining that dummy is Nova."

"You got that right." I grumble, not looking at him. He shakes his head slightly and chuckles.

He decides now is a great time to say the most frustrating thing I can possibly fucking hear.

"You know, she's really not bad. I don't know why you're so hotheaded about her." He mumbles, seemingly genuinely confused. I stop punching the dummy and steady it for a second.

"She's an arrogant know it all. She's nothing like Richards. I had to work with her back in '99. She's a cunt." I hiss. He raises his hands in defence.

"Hey, I'm just saying. Animosity with your co-captain is probably not a good idea. Despite the past." He shrugs.

"If you defend her again, I'll start pretending this dummy is you instead." I lift my eyebrows.

He snickers in response. "Come on, you wouldn't do that to your old pal." He says, slashing at his own dummy with a combat knife. "You've got to agree, her plan sounds like the most valid option."

"If it goes wrong, it's her fault." I mutter under my breath. Jed just sighs and shakes his head, falling back into silence for a few minutes as he focuses on his own practice.

"I don't mean for this to come across the wrong way, but do you think maybe your whole dispute with her is because you don't like the thought of her replacing Richards?" He asks quietly, as though he's treading barefoot on eggshells.

"Maybe. Although, I hate her regardless. She's got some sort of complex about herself. A superiority. You know me Jed, I do not appreciate feeling inferior. Let alone by that bitch." I vouch.