grudge

NOVA=== ==== ==== ====06/06/2002 - 8amPhoenix, ArizonaRedhawk Base==== ==== ==== ====

NOVA
=== ==== ==== ====
06/06/2002 - 8am
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk Base
==== ==== ==== ====

I've made a point of not speaking to Leo since our little sparring match a few days ago. To my devastation, he won.

And also, to my devastation, he wasn't wrong about me being distracted. Having him right on top of me with my wrists pinned above my head.
Only a blind person would be able to think that he isn't attractive, but then he opens that fucking, arrogant mouth.

Looks? Devastatingly appealing. Personality? Hideous.

We've stayed out of each others way, apart from shared angry glares on the off chance our eyes meet, push and shoves if we're walking past each other.

"I'm hoping you're all prepared." North questions us as we stand in a line. He's pacing up and down, analysing us intensely.

"We are. We've decided to push in around 1am, we've identified entry and exit points. We're going to beach from the Southeast side. Nolan, Oliver and Price are going to pass intel about insurgent whereabouts. Mulvey is going to be positioned with the sniper rifle. Me, Hendrix and Devlin are going to go straight in for the assault on Ramirez's location. On the chance he runs out back, Banksy and Lowe are going to wait in cover for him. Once he's been neutralised, the rest of us are going to rig the place with timed explosives, ready to detonate for when we're headed to evacuation." I speak up to him confidently. North nods, not seeming to find any flaws.

"I've spoken with the Colombian Officials. They're going to lend a chopper for Marcus to operate; you'll all retreat when necessary, hopefully with the target in custody. Rosa and Elijah, you'll both be waiting on there, prepared to treat any injuries as soon as possible. Going to be located in the open space of greenery to the west, I've circled it on your map. They're aware of your arrival in EOH airport. They won't intercept, you'll all be transported straight from the runway immediately. We've got a safe house in La Castellana, you'll all stay there until it's time to push in. When the mission is complete, we will aim to get you out of the country as soon as possible."

We all nod in unison, North claps his hands together. "Well, no time to waste. It's a four and a half hour flight. Marcus will transport you all to Phoenix Sky Harbour. You'll be flown out on the Hercules. Any more questions?"

We all shake our heads. The atmosphere is tense. There's always a chance of death with these type of things. With a satisfied expression on his face, North waves over to Marcus; signalling it's time for us to leave.

=================
06/06/2002 - 11am
C-130 Hercules

Nobody says a word for the first hour of the flight. Tara seems to be fiddling with the scope of her rifle. Leo hasn't looked in my direction all day. On the off chance our eyes meet, he just grimaces and looks away. I shift around on the hard, uncomfortable chair. Banksy glimpses over at me. "You alright there, Shields? You're fidgeting."