deported

LEO=== ==== ==== ====09/09/2002Phoenix, ArizonaRedhawk Base==== ==== ==== ====

LEO
=== ==== ==== ====
09/09/2002
Phoenix, Arizona
Redhawk Base
==== ==== ==== ====

It's been three months. I didn't get to return home.

I swear to God, it sometimes feels like we are actually going to be able to tolerate each other, like we're going to have a breakthrough in our relationship. But as soon as we're on duty it just dissolves. This is a prime fucking example.

"I can't believe you two managed to fuck this up, yet again."

Drug bust. Reynosa, Mexico. We did royally fuck it up. Because of our stupid goddamn disagreements.

"What the fuck are you doing? This isn't what we planned Leo!" She hisses at me through the comms as I head towards the front entrance, crouching down outside the doors and planting a small explosive, working on timing it correctly.

"Just shut up." I jab back at her, trying to keep focused.

A single shot is then fired from her as someone drops down to the floor a few metres away from me.

"You fucking idiot! You just gave away our damn position!" I seethe through the comms as commotion erupts from inside the apartment block, causing me to retreat immediately

"You went waltzing up to the goddamn front! Our plan was to go through the back! Of course you were going to be fucking spotted!" She yells at me now since I've reached her side, just as the doors of the building swing open.

Shots immediately get fired back and forth as me and Nova dart around a corner. Reynosa is a busy city. The Cops could easily get called right now, then our whole cover is blown. And since the cops in this city are in fucking kahoots with the cartel, it wouldn't be good for us.

"Why did you fire that goddamn bullet!?"

"Would you rather have had me let you die!?" She yells back at me over the gunfire we're returning.

I'm urgently trying to get in contact with Marcus, but my comms isn't connecting to his line.

"Fuck!" I yell, fighting the urge to just whack it into the ground. I feel a harsh sting as a bullet skids right against my cheek, slicing it in a close call instead of my head. Nova yanks me backwards by my vest and practically starts dragging me through these unknown streets.

I can feel the back of my neck pouring with sweat that runs from underneath my helmet. We're both panting as we hear cop sirens, forcing us to take off into a sprint. We'd been sent on this mission as a pair to try and get us to work better together, hasn't ended well.

We take cover in an alleyway, shielded by the shadows of trees that block the streetlights. Nova's comms beeps, and Marcus' voice is music to my ears.