finale

LEO===============08/12/2003Redhawk BasePhoenix, Arizona================

LEO
===============
08/12/2003
Redhawk Base
Phoenix, Arizona
================

"He should be coming out of it soon by the looks of his heart-rate, Elijah. Prepare the IV to administer more painkillers,"

I recognise the voice of Rosa.

"How are those damn burns healing up? Skin graft settled?"

I'd recognise that old, scratchy voice from anywhere. None other than Commander North. I feel so fucking heavy, every breath I take drains immense amounts of energy from me.

I can't even bring myself to open my eyes. Something soft interlaces with my hand.

"I think he's waking up. Leo?"

My favourite voice. The southern twang that ricochets off the end of her words. I must be fucking delirious or something.

She's in Australia.

"Leo? Can you hear me?" The voice coos again, reaching for a grasp on my awareness.

There's no fucking way.

Hearing her gives me the strength to peel my eyes open, blinded instantly by the harsh light of the med-bay. Rosa shouts an order, the beam dims slightly as I divert my gaze to the side.

Turns out I'm not delirious.

"Nova?" I whisper in disbelief, moving to sit up until she gently pushes me back down with her arm.

"Yeah, yeah it's me. Take it easy, alright?" She smiles, leaning forward running her thumb across my cheek.

Her touch is something I've been completely starved of.

"You're actually here?" I murmur, "or am I hallucinating?"

"I'm actually here, in the flesh," she chuckles. I can feel Rosa fumbling about with my wires.

"But, you're in Australia-"

"-was in Australia. I hopped the first few flights back when I got the call," she glances away, taking a deep breath before her gaze settles on me once again.

She flew all the way from Australia just to sit at my boring bedside? That's over a days worth of travelling, not to mention leaving her Dad.

"You should've damn seen her, Hendrix. Came sprinting through those gates in a summer dress like there was no tomorrow," North snorts, taking a step forward and patting my shoulder.

"I wish I had seen it," I chuckle, sitting up slightly with his help.

There's not a better sight to see when I've woken up from a coma than my girl.