rookies

NOVA===============29/04/2003Alto, New MexicoSilverwing Base================

NOVA
===============
29/04/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silverwing Base
================

It's been a miserable few days.

My blood has ran cold since the moment I found out Nicholas got into the States. Its frozen even more since the 26th, when I found out he was sighted in Lubbox a few days prior.

The one thing keeping me going is the thirst for revenge.

I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job of hiding how I'm really feeling.

"There's been no more sightings of him as of now," Vincent explains to me and Yamato, as though Nicholas is some sort of goddamn UFO.

Yamato looks fresh as a daisy, I look like I've crawled up from the pits of hell.

"We need him to slip up again," Yamato states.

"He didn't slip up in the first place. It's all part of his scheme, he obviously wants us to know that he's coming," I yawn, resting my forehead on the desk.

"How are you feeling about this, Shields?" Vincent asks, eyebrows crinkling.

"I mean, it's definitely not ideal," I snicker.

"Not ideal at all, at least when the others arrive we've got a better advantage here in New Mexico, it looks like that's where he's headed," Yamato nods.

"Absolutely, do you think he's coming after you, Shields?" Vincent sighs.

"He probably thinks I'm dead, the last time he saw me was when he put a 5 inch blade in my chest. Doubt he expected I'd survive that," I grumble.

"That's true. I didn't think of that," Yamato shrugs.

"Also, did we find out what flight he was on?" I raise up my gaze, tilting my head.

"The Crows went over all flights from the Philippines within that time frame. The airport cleaners usually always work, so it's unlikely the license went days unnoticed before it was passed into lost property,"

"And?" I lean forward.

"There was no direct flights, only one single flight that had a changeover in Saudi Arabia,"

"And has anybody been in contact with the staff on that flight?" Yamato asks, Vincent hums.

"Mhm, they recognised him. Said he was a 'very cold man'," 

"Well there's a surprise and a half," I chuckle, earning a hardened glare from both of them.

"You seem awfully nonchalant about this, Shields," Vincent sighs.

"What else can I do? I can sit around and worry all I like, it's not going to change anything," I shrug.

I'm actually very fucking worried.