promise

LEO===============29/04/2003Alto, New MexicoSilverwing Base================

LEO
===============
29/04/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silverwing Base
================

I can't bite down the prideful grin as she slowly edges towards the washroom. Her legs haven't stopped shaking for a damn second.

"Having some trouble?" I snicker.

"It's your fault," she spits, shooting me an amused glare over her shoulder before disappearing inside.

I fall back onto her bed with a satisfied sigh. I think this has honestly been the best goddamn night of my life, and it was not the direction I thought it'd take.

The image of her on top of me will never leave my mind.

I hear the chain flush, faucet turning off before she re-emerges again.

"You've really made your mark," she chuckles, gesturing to the love-bites littered across her neck and chest.

"Couldn't help myself," I smile, patting the bed and gesturing for her to lay back down. Her legs are still wobbly as she makes her way over, but not as severely as before.

"That was the best thirty minutes of my life," she whispers, wrapping an arm around me and laying her head on my chest.

"It was the most unexpected thirty minutes of mine," I snicker, running a hand up and down her back.

"Why was it unexpected?" She raises her head.

"Because I thought you were just going to tell me to fuck off, to be honest. Not let me fuck you,"  I grin as she bites her lip.

"I've wanted that for a long time," she says quietly.

"I've wanted you for a long time, Nov," I sigh, leaning my head back against the pillow.

There's one thing that's chipping away at my mind. I've told her that I'm in love with her, but she hasn't mentioned anything.

"So, where do we stand after this?" She tilts her head.

"I mean, I want to be with you. Of course I want to be with you, but North said it isn't allowed-"

"-North knows?!" She interrupts, eyes widening.

"He figured it out, read me like a damn open book. I went insane when I found out that the bastard had gotten into the States, begged him to let me come here so I could be with you. He said no at first, but surprisingly changed his mind," I shrug.