holmes

LEO============22/01/2003Panay, The Philippines============

LEO
============
22/01/2003
Panay, The Philippines
============

"So, did she accept the apology?" Jed questions in between press-ups.

"I think so, surprisingly. I wasn't expecting her to. It's Nova, after all." I chuckle slightly, pushing myself up off the ground for another press-up.

"How the fuck did you get her to forgive you for that? I mean, if I was her, I'd be pissed off for days." Jed grins over at me, taking a break from the workout and swivelling his body into a seated position on the grass.

"Oh, I think she's definitely still pissed off. She might have forgiven me, but she won't let it go easily," I sigh, "I can't even blame her."

Jed nods in agreement, knowing fully well that I'm right. Nova remembers absolutely everything, she won't forget about this anytime soon.

"So, you think there's a traitor in our group?" Jed speaks quietly, raising an eyebrow and causing me to shoot him a warning glare.

"Careful with how loud you talk, North doesn't want everyone to know. Otherwise, they might just up and leave if they get word we're trying to weed them out," I mumble, shaking my head in frustration before glancing back at him, "but yeah, I do think there's someone here feeding information out to Altashih."

He gazes up at the sky as he thinks for a second, as though he's mentally trying to flick through every person in our group, figuring out who seems capable of this. After a minute, he groans dramatically.

"I can't think of anyone who stands out like that, who seems like they have this capable dark side of betrayal deep down."

He's right. There is absolutely nobody who fucking stands out. Who's acted off or slipped up at all, who hasn't engaged in our efforts. It feels as though we're stuck at a completely dead end, nothing more we can do.

"North and the other two Commander's are working out a plan to try and weed them out. They haven't told anybody what it is yet, but with all three of them on board; surely it will do the trick." I speak with a little more reassurance laced in my voice.

I don't actually know why I'm trying to reassure. Jed, or myself.

Jed doesn't reply, just nods slightly as he goes to lay back on the grass, but then sits back up quickly.

"Hey, who's Nova talking to?" He says quietly, earning a simple shrug of my shoulders.

"I don't know, Abe probably. The terrorist."