chapter 4

Kim Ha-jun was sitting on Jungkook's lap, clutching him tightly in front of Doctor Suzy, while Taehyung was sitting beside Jungkook.

After Jun's and Jungkook's breakdown, Jin advised them to go to the hospital together, with Jungkook as Ha-Jun had no intentions of letting the elder go, and Jungkook was more than happy to spend more time with the little fluff ball. Jun was silent after his crying session; he was not even sparing a single glance for his dada, showing his displeasure with him. Taehyung's heart was bleeding, being treated like this by his son.

"Juni, honey, open your mouth," the doctor asked the baby, but Juni didn't even look at her, hugging his mumma tightly. The doctor looked at Jungkook, asking for help.

"My sweetheart," Jungkook called. The baby looked at Jungkook with his puffy eyes.

Jungkook's heart broke looking at the baby's eyes.

"Juni, you are my good boy, right?" Jungkook asked while caressing his cheeks.

Juni nodded his head slowly.

"Then baby, listen to me and open your mouth, petal, let the doctor treat you, my sugar plum," Jungkook told him sweetly.

Juni shook his head, "hurt," he said in one word.

"Oh no, honey, it will not hurt. I am here to protect my Juni," Jungkook assured him, patting his back.

"Mumma... protect... Juni?" Juni asked, showing his innocent eyes.

Jungkook's heart melted at the question.

"You don~," Taehyung said but was cut off mid-sentence by Jungkook.

"Yes, my baby, Mumma will protect his Juni," he assured the younger while nuzzling his cheek and then kissing it.

Juni looked at the doctor; Jungkook told the doctor to continue.

Juni opened his mouth; the doctor told Jungkook to hold the head of Juni in one position with his hands, so he did. She put an endoscope in the mouth of the younger; the baby was clutching the arms of Jungkook with his tiny fists the whole time.

The doctor monitored the throat of the younger on her screen. After checking for a while, she took out the endoscope.

"Look at my strong baby; he is a superhero," Jungkook said to Juni, who giggled at the comment of the elder.

Taehyung was watching all of this silently; he felt his ears blessed with those giggles; he smiled looking at the giggling duo.

"Nothing to worry, Mr. Kim," the doctor's voice grabbed Taehyung's attention.

"There is nothing to worry; his vocal cords are all good. He just needs to take some medicines I am writing," she said politely.

Then she looked at Jungkook.

"Give these syrups 2 times a day, one in the morning and one at night after meals, Mrs. Kim," she said politely while handing the prescription to him.

Jungkook panicked, so did Taehyung.

"Emm actually~" Jungkook tried to say but was cut off by the call that Doctor Suzy received on her landline; she received it.

"Okay, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I need to go to the OT( operation theater); I think it's clear to you when to give medicines," she asked in a hurry while standing on her feet and taking her bag hastily. Both Jungkook and Taehyung were stunned to even react; they stood up with the doctor, Juni in the arms of Jungkook.

Jungkook cleared his throat. "I hope these syrups are not bitter," he asked instead of correcting her; it's not important right now; Juni's health is important to him right now.

"Yes, I have prescribed strawberry-flavored syrups, Mrs. Kim, rest assured.

"Actually~" both Jungkook and Taehyung said at the same time, trying to correct the doctor but were again cut off by the call on her personal phone this time.

"Yes, I am coming, yes, just give me 2 minutes," she said while on the phone; she was holding her phone while she said, "Okay, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I will take my leave." All Taehyung and Kook did was nod their heads.

She left her room in haste, walking quickly.

Now the room was engulfed in uncomfortable silence.

"Mumma ishe-cleam (ice cream)," Juni said to Jungkook while putting his hands on the face of the elder.

Jungkook smiled at the younger.

"Yes, my Juni deserves an ice cream for being incredibly strong today," he said and kissed the cheeks of the baby.

Taehyung was feeling like he is an invisible man. His son has ghosted him, and Jungkook never pays attention to his presence.

"Ahem," Taehyung cleared his throat to show his presence but was mercilessly ignored by both of them.

"Which flavor does my baby like?" Jungkook asked the baby.

Juni frowned and thought and looked at his dada for an answer.

"Which phlabor dada (flavour)?" He asked innocently.

Taehyung squinted his eyes. "Now I guess someone realized that he has a dada too," Taehyung said playfully.

Juni giggled, while Jungkook smiled, looking at the interaction of dad-son duo.

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼
Your thoughts my readers ....