chapter 6

"Jungkook, where are you going in the middle of the night?" Jimin yawned, stepping out of his room into the living area to find a panicked Jungkook rummaging through the drawer. His eyes widened at the sight of his distressed brother.

"Kook, what happened?" He approached Jungkook, concerned.

"Hyung," Kook managed, tears choking his words.

"Hyung, my baby is crying for me," Jungkook said amidst his search for the keys.

"Kook, calm down. I'll take you there. You can't drive in this condition," Jimin said, grabbing his coat and fetching one for Jungkook to ward off the chilly night.

"Please, Jungkook, calm down. Juni will be alright," Jimin attempted to soothe him as he drove to the Kims' place.

Jungkook sat in the passenger seat, anxiously tapping his legs, eager to reach his baby as fast as possible.

The brothers arrived at the Kims' front door. Jimin knocked thrice, and Jin opened it, the cries of the little baby audible to Jungkook.

"Whele ish mumma?"
"Juni wan mumma."
"Mumma, whele  ale you? Juni needs you."

Jungkook's heart ached hearing the child's pleas. He glanced at Jin, who took his hand and rushed to take him to juni.

"Baby, listen to dada. Mumma will be here soon. Please, baby, dada begs you to stop crying," Jungkook heard Taehyung's tearful voice upon entering the room.

His eyes fixed on his baby; he hurried to him, taking the baby from the elder's arms.

"Juni, look, mumma is here. My baby, mumma came to you," Jungkook managed through his tears.

Juni kept crying.

"Need mumma."
"Whele ale you mumma?" he continued to cry.

"Juni, look at me. Mumma is here with you, my buttercup. I'm right here," Jungkook said, peppering the baby with kisses.

Juni hiccuped, gazing at his mumma, crying more while embracing him.

"Mumma," he whimpered, nestling into Jungkook's neck.

"I mish you," he cried.

"My sunshine, mumma's with you. Don't cry now, honey."

The crying subsided, only hiccups remaining.

Jimin and Namjoon were astonished by the interaction; Jin smiled, and Taehyung felt relieved after an hour and a half when the baby finally stopped crying.

Jungkook cradled the baby, whispering sweet nothings into his ears.

The baby started coughing.

"Oh, my honey, does your throat hurt?" Jungkook asked.

The little one looked at his mumma, nodding with swollen red eyes. Jungkook's heart ached looking at those eyes . He kissed his eyes and cheeks.

He turned to Taehyung. "Mr. Kim, could you give me Juni's medicines?"

Taehyung nodded, taking the syrups from the drawer.

Jungkook sat on the bed with Juni in his lap. Taehyung poured the medicine into a spoon, which Jungkook gestured for him to hand over.

"My sunshine, is mumma's good boy, right?" Jungkook asked.

Juni nodded.

"Then Juni will take his medicine like a good boy, won't he?" Jungkook coaxed lovingly.

Juni shook his head. "Bitter," he said in one word.

"No, baby, it's sweet like strawberry."

"Plomish," Juni asked.

"Yes, mumma's promise." Jungkook intertwined his pinky with the chubby finger of the baby, making Juni giggle. Everyone's ears blessed by hearing such giggles for the tiny fluff ball

Jungkook helped Juni drink the syrup, praising him. "My Juni is the bestest boy for mumma."

"Mumma ish bad," Juni  pouted, with frown on his forehead ,  crossing his arms, a habit learned from his dada.

Jungkook gasped playfully at the baby. "Mumma left Juni?" Juni said, maintaining his gesture.

"Oh, my sugarplum, mumma had important work to do. That's why he left," Jungkook explained.

Juni looked at him. "Plomish not to leave Juni again?"

Jungkook glanced at his brother who was looking at  him sympathetically then  Jin, Namjoon who were looking at him in anticipation then  Taehyung, whose eyes were red swollen an indication that he didn't cry less than his baby , looking at them something stirred in his heart and  then at his  baby, is sunshine , his fluffball, his buttercup who was looking at him with hopeful eyes and jungkook can never bring himself to crumble that hope .

"Mumma's promise," he said, smiling widely.

Juni sealed their little promise, saying, "Yesh,  yesh, yesh, mumma with Juni," jumping into Jungkook's lap while he smiled back.

*****************
Do tell me your views about this chapter and overall story . I am enjoying the open discussion of my readers about the plot ^⁠_⁠^