chapter 7

Juni was lying on his mumma's lap with a satisfactory look, not batting his eyes for even a second, fighting with sleep. He was afraid that if he slept, Mumma might not be there the next moment. Both his dada and mumma noticed this.

"My sunshine, sleep. Mumma is here with you," Jungkook said sweetly while cradling the baby in his lap, trying to lull him to sleep, but to no avail.

"Mumma, lwebe" (leave), Juni said.

"No baby, mumma is here. He will not leave," Jin reassured.

Jin looked at Jungkook.

"Jungkook, can you stay for a night?" he asked the younger, the question the younger wanted to hear.

He didn't want to leave his baby all alone. Jungkook nodded lightly.

"Jungkook, then I must leave," Jimin said to the younger. Jungkook knew his brother had a job early at 6. He nodded and bid goodbye to his brother.

Soon, Jin and Namjoon left the room, leaving only the three of them. At this moment, Jungkook realized he was in Taehyung's room. The thought alone made his cheeks red.

"I... Is he gonna sleep here with us? Oh my god, why am I shaking," Jungkook thought.

Taehyung cleared his throat.

"I... I will take the guestroom, Mr. Jeon. You can sleep here with Juni," he said, avoiding eye contact with the younger who was thankful to the elder for this.

"O... okay Mr. Kim," Jungkook said, looking anywhere but at Taehyung.

Jungkook startled when he saw the elder getting close, so close, he saw the elder's face in front of him, but the elder looked down at his baby in the lap and kissed his forehead and cheeks, saying,

"Good night my baby, don't bother mumma too much, okay?" He said, smiling his infamous boxy smile. The baby giggled.

Jungkook could see his soul flying, ready to go to the skies. The sentence churned his stomach, filling it with butterflies, and that boxy smile was going to be the death of the younger. He could hear his heartbeat in his eardrums.

Taehyung looked up, still so close to the younger.

"Good night Mr. Jeon," he said just above a whisper.

"G... good...night Mr. Kim," the younger managed with great difficulty.

Then the elder left the room, closing the door.

"Mumma, my mumma," Jungkook snapped out of the trance by the voice of his baby who was singing, giggling.

Jungkook never felt this important in anyone's life. How lucky he was that he was the center of someone's life. The child was happy just by his presence, satisfied by him just existing. Jungkook felt the unconditional love from the child that he never felt before.

"My baby, my lifeline, my son," Jungkook said while clutching him to his heart, the child giggling.

Jungkook laid him beside him, covering him with a duvet and securing the other side with pillows, unable to take the risk of his baby falling down. He looked at his baby with wide bambi eyes, peppering him with kisses, unable to resist when his baby was so adorable.

"Mumma will nom nom you," Jungkook said while smooching his cheeks. The younger giggled.

"But mumma, I am bittel ," Juni said while laughing as his mumma tickled him and kissed his chubby tummy.

"My Juni is sweet, sweetest. I will nom nom his cheeks," he kissed the younger non-stop, unaware that someone was watching them.

Taehyung was ready to leave when he heard two beautiful voices giggling. He couldn't help but look at the duo in their own bubble. Taehyung's chest swelled in happiness after looking at his baby so happy.