chapter 16

"Dada, Juni said, 'Mally mumma,'" Juni demanded again when he saw his father not giving any reaction.

Taehyung gulped when he saw Jungkook coming to the hall.

"Juni baby, please don't say this to mumma, okay? Dada will buy you anything if you do so," Taehyung said in a panicked state.

Juni didn't listen and shouted, "Juni want dada mumma mally." Jungkook stopped in his tracks, his eyes shot open.

He thought Juni forgot that idea, but how wrong he was; he never forgot that he had to get his parents married. Little did he know that a certain someone was acting like a catalyst.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook embarrassed. Both didn't know what to say.

Jungkook cleared his throat; Juni saw his mumma and ran towards him. He knows mumma never says no to him.

"Juni attached himself to the leg of his mumma; he looked above with so much hope at Jungkook.

"Mumma mally dada," Juni demanded, almost begging.

Jungkook couldn't see that face of his baby; he looked away instantly.

"Mumma, no lishen to Juni, mumma, Juni wan mumma dada mally please, pletty please," Juni begged, his eyes filled with tears, his lips wobbly.

Jungkook picked up Juni promptly. "Baby, mumma dada can't marry. Please understand that. You got mumma here, right, and dada is here too. What does my Juni need more, hmm?" Jungkook tried his best to make him understand.

"Juni big boy, Juni know mumma leabe dada and Juni," Juni said, crying.

Jungkook's breath hitched; how wrong Jungkook was when he thought that Juni was unaware of their present situation. Juni was aware that mumma would leave him and dada if not today, then tomorrow. He had no answer to it.

"My baby, please don't cry. Mumma cries if baby cries. Mumma hurts when his baby cries," Jungkook himself cried, looking at the baby in his arms who was crying his heart out.

"Mumma no lub  Juni. Only Juni lub  mumma," Juni said while crying.

Taehyung came to his baby, "My pumpkin, please look at dada. Dada will take you to Disneyland. Please don't cry. Dada will take Juni to the amusement park," Taehyung said with tears in his eyes.

* = Hiccups.

"Juni needs * mumma * wan mumma," Juni cried loudly.

Yoongi cursed at himself; he also tried to bribe the baby along with Jimin, but to no avail. Jimin and Yoongi were not able to control their tears looking at their sunshine in misery.

"Baby, please breathe for mumma. Mumma will die looking at you like this, my petal," Jungkook cried, but the baby was not listening.

"Evely * one * hates*  Juni and  dada * evelyone * lepht us," Juni made out sentences with difficulty, stabbing Jungkook's heart .

"No, no, no, no, my bun, no one hates you, mumma loves you, bunny, mumma * truly does," Jungkook choked in his sobs.

And Taehyung sat on the sofa with his head down, crying silently; those sentences from the baby freshened the old wounds. Tears were falling like a waterfall from his eyes.

"Mumma * alsho * leabe Juni and dada  * like Eomma * appa," Juni cried hard.

And Taehyung couldn't hold back his sobs; he cried loudly. It felt like he lost all senses. How wrong he was to think Juni forgets everything; he remembers every freaking thing. The ball of sunshine is carrying all of this alone, all weight upon his tiny heart.

Jungkook was confused at all of this; what did the baby mean by appa? What did his baby mean?

Yoongi ran to hug his brother.

"Tae, no, no, no, please breathe, breathe for hyung, my baby brother, you are strong, aren't you? You have to take care of Juni, Tae," Yoongi tried to calm the other.

Taehyung got some senses back, hearing the last sentence; he has his baby to take care of. He can't stay weak; he's got to be strong for his baby.

"Muma *  bill * leabe Juni," Juni cried unstoppable, "no kisses, no hugs, no cradling, nothing worked."

Juni's color started turning blue; he couldn't breathe.

"TAE, TAE, MY BABY., TAE," Jungkook panicked, calling the elder; his eyes were shot open in fear.

Taehyung stood up, looked at Juni, who was cyanosed.

"Tae, do something, Tae, my baby," Jungkook cried.

"Hospital," Taehyung managed to say.

Jungkook ran towards the car, with Juni in his arms.

Yoongi ran with keys, as did Taehyung and Jimin.

Yoongi sat in the driver's seat with Jimin.

Jungkook and Taehyung sat backseat, trying to calm down the baby, but to no avail.

"Tae," Jungkook cried and looked at the elder.

Taehyung was crying himself; "our baby will be fine," he said and kissed the temple of the younger, who was going crazy, too engrossed in grief and guilt to notice anything. Same with Taehyung; he didn't even notice that he kissed Jungkook's head.

Taehyung put his arm around Jungkook and the other hand on the head of his crying baby.

Within a few minutes, they reached the hospital, thanks to Yoongi's fast driving.

Jungkook ran towards the emergency ward with his baby in his arms; the doctor came running, already informed by Jimin.

The doctor instantly took the baby with him and disappeared into the room with his staff.

Leaving Jungkook and Taehyung with an empty feeling.

Taehyung put his arm around the waist of the elder, whose legs were giving up.

Jungkook couldn't stand up; he collapsed on the floor.

"Kook," Taehyung shouted  and sat beside Jungkook, embracing him.

"All my fault, all my fault , all my fault ," Jungkook kept mumbling

"No, it's not your fault; stop blaming yourself. Please stay strong for Juni," Taehyung said while patting the back of the younger. Jungkook sobbed on the chest of the elder.

*******

Don't forget to comment my lovely readers or I can say my spoilt brats.

I know all of you will want another update 🤦🏻‍♀️, such brats you guys are .....still I love u all (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥