chapter 17

Taehyung took Jungkook to sit on the bench outside the room where Juni was being treated.

After Jungkook got hold of himself, he ran towards the little window on the door from where he could watch Juni lying on the bed with a tiny oxygen mask. Nurses and paramedical workers were running here  and there while the doctor was monitoring his baby. Taehyung followed Jungkook; his heart broke at the sight. He can't act vulnerable; he has Jungkook to take care of, who is at the verge of collapsing again.

"Tae, our... our baby is lying there; look what did I do," Jungkook sobbed. Taehyung again took him in his embrace and patted his back.

"Koo, be strong for Juni; hmm, we have to stay strong," Taehyung said while his voice was shaking, indicating that he was at the verge of crying.

"Tae, Jungkook," Jin and Namjoon were running towards the duo; Yoongi informed them about the event.

Taehyung detached himself from the younger. Jin ran to Jungkook and embraced him; he knows that Jungkook will be blaming himself for all of this.

"You did nothing wrong, Jungkook; I know that you love Juni more than even I could, so don't blame yourself," Jin said, trying to calm the younger down.

Jungkook hugged Jin tightly and sobbed on his shoulder; after crying, he felt better.

"Better?" Jin asked the younger, who nodded his head, his eyes all red and puffy from crying, his nose and cheeks red, his face was all puffy.

On the other side, Taehyung was no good; he was standing with his back against the wall, taking support of the wall to stand, he was looking down while tears were falling from his cheeks.

Yoongi and Namjoon did everything to make the younger feel better.

All of them were sitting on the benches when the door opened, and the doctor came out. All of them stood up and approached the doctor hurriedly.

"The patient's condition is under control," the doctor informed warmly.

All of them took a breath of relief.

"May I know who the parents are?" The doctor asked.

Taehyung came forward; Jungkook hesitated, but Taehyung grabbed the younger's hand with him; Jungkook looked at the elder with so much emotion in his eyes, but the elder was looking at the doctor.

"Mr. Kim, please follow me to my cabin," the doctor said before leaving.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung went to the cabin and sat on the chairs against the doctor's.

"Mr. Kim, Mrs Kim Ha-jun is undernourished; may I know  whether the child was breast fed for 1 year after delivery?"

Taehyung took a deep breath and shook his head in denial.

The doctor nodded.

"And did you know Juni's lungs had water when he was born?" the doctor asked Taehyung and Jungkook.

Jungkook frowned, as did Taehyung.

"What, doctor? What are you saying?" Jungkook and  Taehyung asked in bewilderment.

"you don't know that?" the doctor asked in confusion.

"Doctor, we are not Juni's biological parents," Taehyung said while looking down.

Jungkook's world turned upside down; he looked at Taehyung in shock, in somewhat hurt. Taehyung is not the  baby's father; then who are his real parents, where are they?

"He is my sister's son, doctor.  When juni was some months old ,my sister and her husband died in a car accident , Juni survived in that accident , and because of shock, Juni was not able to speak for two years," Taehyung said in a low voice while his eyes shed lone tears.

Jungkook was hyperventilating; his eyes were shedding tears; his baby's parents died. Why is this baby's fate so cruel? What did he do wrong? Why did his loved ones leave him? Now his heart panged, remembering the words of the baby  when he said everyone left Dada and Juni.

Taehyung held Jungkook's hand and squeezed it. He knew that it was a shock for the younger.

"I am sorry, Mr. Kim; I am extremely sorry," the doctor apologized.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Jun had water in his lungs when he was born, a condition called pulmonary edema ; he was treated, but his lung capacity is still low. So never let him cry; it will get better with age, but for now, please take care of him because the baby will get breathing problems if he cries. And I am writing  multivitamin for him since he didn't get mother's breast milk, which is mandatory for 1 year for a child," the doctor said sympathetically.

They both nodded and went to the door.

"Tae, you go; I need to ask something from the doctor," Jungkook said, and Taehyung nodded and left the room.

Jungkook came after some time, and then a nurse told them that only two people  are allowed  in patient's room at a time.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung went to the room; they looked at their pale baby sleeping on the bed, donned with an oxygen mask. Jungkook's eyes filled with tears; he approached the bed and sat near his baby; he kissed the forehead of the baby followed by Taehyung. Taehyung sat opposite to Jungkook.

Jungkook kept staring at the baby and patting his head lovingly.

"Taehyung," Jungkook called the elder.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook.

"Let's get married."

*******
Kook feeding army's  delusion mind and me feeding the demands of my  bratty readers a  never ending saga ....

Don't forget to comment .🫶🏻