Arthur Morgan Pt. 1: (Snow Storm)

The strong wind is blowing through the trees, blowing snow into Arthur Morgan and I's face and down our spines.

"Miss Y/L/N, we should find somethin' suitable for the night. We gotta wait out this storm. We'll die out 'ere." Arthur calls out over the howling winds, from on top of his horse.

"I agree, and Elizabeth will do just fine, Arthur. No need for the 'miss' bullshit." I curse over the storm. I hold my lantern out into the blowing snow, trying to see the semi-broken park ahead.

"Alright Miss Elizabeth." Arthur says with his deep, husky voice. I roll my eyes are the Miss and continue to ride.

"Look over there!" He shouts pointing into the distant woods. I see a small string of smoke rising. "If it's the O'Driscoll's we can take 'em out and have their camp for the rest of the storm!" He yells.

I nod in response, I turn off the lantern and storm it onto my horse: Delilah's bag. We ride in the dark and thick snow flakes to a little ledge looking down the smoking, chimney cabin.

I signal to Arthur for him to go down first around the left and scout out the land as I go to the right and do the same. We separate ways after hitching the horses to a nearby tree.

I climb down the cliff to the ground below where the cabin rests. I hide behind a wagon covered in dead straw. I take my bow off my shoulder and ready an arrow in the string.

I see Arthur on the other side of the house taking out his revolver and cocking it, getting ready.

We sneak to different windows and peer in, we both see a bunch of O'Driscoll's around a table playing poker, betting cigarettes and coins.

I wave Arthur over to the wagon and whisper to him, "We need to lure them out...". Set off a shot, or throw rocks." 

"I'll go behind the house and shoot into the sky, you stay 'ere and pick 'em off with y'ur bow." Arthur demands. I nod at the good idea and he's off.

I take my position, hidden in the bushes and get ready with an arrow in my bow. A gun shot rings through the air alerting the people in the cabin.

Six men come running out with their guns raised. I pull back the string of the bow and send an arrow through the eye of the first O'Driscoll.

I see Arthur peering around the cabin across from me, raising his revolver, taking down two men with three shots. Now only half remain, they have figured out where I am. I rush out of the bushes and hide behind a tipped wagon. I rest my back on the wood, as it takes shots, blocking me from the deadly metal.

As I hear them run out of bullets and peer over and two out the last two, seeing the third in the ground already, blood pouring from his chest wound.

I stand up with Arthur and we meet at the door of the cabin. We kick it open and go it guns blazing, sweeping the single room and loft cabin of more people.

"It's clear up here." Arthur calls down from the loft, there are two thin mattresses and a pile of blankets up there, perfect to stay warm for the night.

Ok the ground floor there is a burning fire in the fire place and a small kitchen counter covered in canned goods. I go around and pick up everything I can find, food, liquor, coffee, and cigarettes. I find $15 in a money clip and I quickly stash it away deep into my bag, holding onto it for later.

"Find anything?" I call up to the cowboy.

"Nah, nothin' but some chewin' tobacco." Arthur answers looking over the edge to me.

"I found $15 but that's it, for valuables." I inform, start to climb the ladder up to the loft. When I get to the top I throw my bag to the right mattress and lay down, stretching my back in the process. I hear it crack, stiff and sore from riding the horse all day.

"Sore?" Arthur asks as I rub my neck gently with my cold hands. I nod wincing a little as a press into a more tense spot. "Here, let me."he offers.

I sit up and turn away from him, he moves closer and kneels behind me. His large, rough hands massage my neck, working out the kinks. I moan lightly at the nice feeling.

"That's nice, thank you Arthur." I almost moan in thanks. I lean my head back a little as he starts to work on my shoulder blades working down my spine.

His hands travel to the small of my back, working out the last few knots before taking his hands away from me. "How you feelin'?" He asks in his deep voice.

"Better, thank you. Riding horses for a long time can really mess with your back." I add. I turn to face him, our knees almost touching.

To be continued....