Chapter 41

Across my family line

Tanvi came back with Devlon' answer three days after Ria had met him. After much debate with self, Devlon had agreed to help train the females in basic self defence as long as Ria provided him with funds to make Illyria better. And salt and a few spices. Illyrians deserved flavoured food too after all.

She was in no delusion that this small step they had taken would solve all the misogynistic problems in Illyria in a snap. But it was a step nevertheless and she was happy of that if nothing else. The females would start learning a few moves every morning before work and no males would stop them- unless they wanted to be demoted. Devlon had reluctantly agreed to it. And when the session would be over, Amari would hand out latest equipment and tools that would help decrease the amount of manual labour the females did in a day. A well would be built nearby and firewood would now be collected by both the spouses. It was a slow start and Amari had been a great deal of help in coming up with such solutions.

Rhysand was still silent and Azriel had flown around their border every once in a while before his cowardice had made him return back to Velaris. Ria wished he would brave through- she knew he would love Dusk if he only let himself loosen up a bit. Maybe he could be the link between her and Cassian and Rhys.

It was three days later that she found from a furious Eris all that had gone down in the south of Prythian. Feyre Archeron, High Lady of Night Court had completely destroyed Spring Court from its very roots. Tamlin was in a complete disarray; his sentries were opposing him with his citizens half in fear as Hybern's soldiers intruded upon their land. She had also injured two of his brothers- good. But it had been foolish, so foolish of Feyre to take revenge in such a childish manner. So fucking foolish.

Feyre Archeron had just accelerated their timeline by months.

Ria stood beside Kayden as they closely inspected the personal letter Rhysand had written to her. Dear sister, it started as, inviting her to his home in Velaris to meet his High Lady and mate. He went on about wanting them to get along and how proud he was of her and he that he never would have thought a day like this would come where he would have the honour of the two most important females of his life meeting each other. Yet, never once, in the entire letter, did he apologize for what she had gone through when she went to Illyria. How much she had ached upon seeing the wings of their people. He didn't comment on the long silence he had maintained for so long with her. He was stressed, instead, is what he had excused himself with. Ridiculous. She had believed her brother to be a better High Lord than he was acting as now.

"You should go. See what he wants," Kayden suggested. She hummed, "he probably wants to know what all I have been talking with Devlon about." Their latest meeting had been about her meeting all the females of the biggest three camps and gauging about what were the most serious problems that needed to be addressed as soon as possible. The answers had been grim and some, rageful. Rhysand really did forget that he had court outside Velaris.

"Amari is looking into it?" she asked. He nodded, "her and Aria are closing upon a few solutions." "Good."

"You should go," Kayden said again, his tone knowing. She sighed, "He says Azriel volunteered to come pick me up." Kayden hummed, "will the Spymaster be able to carry two of us?" Her eyes snapped to his, twinkling, "everyone needs a challenge now and then."

Kayden did not trust them. Not one bit. He knew that Ria knew too. "Be nice," Ria warned him as the Spymaster made his way to the ground. If he was surprised or annoyed at seeing him here, Azriel showed no signs of it; stoic as ever. "Ria," he breathed, landing in one smooth motion. Kayden clenched his fists as Ria took in the wings- he would always blame himself for not finding another way around the curse. Even if it had been out of his hands.