Chapter 43

Round and round the story spins

Thesan had sent her a letter of invitation to the meeting which she had gladly accepted. Eris too would be there- he would make sure Beron would agree. Her friend could be quite convincing. He had even started a reluctant allyship with the Night Court. Ria had to give it to him- he would make an excellent High Lord after Beron.

"We leave three hours after dawn." Ria said, "Kayden and Aria- I want you both with me. Rowan, you are to help Kali with whatever she might need while we are gone. And Amari will be on the border lookout. We can't be too careful."

They nodded. "You think someone will attack?" Amari asked. Kayden shook his head, "they would be wise not to. But, precautions... after tomorrow, we will have to be alert to threats from Prythian, or Hybern. All lands will be curious."

Walking into lion's den.

For the meeting, Ria chose a near ankle-length flowy Anarkali with pants- all in the colours honouring the Dusk Court. And with heels and winged kohl- she felt quite empowered. With Kayden, dressed from head to toe in black armour and Aria in her green gown, she was ready to show the rest of Prythian Dusk' face. Efficient. Deadly. Resilient.

"Ready to bring chaos?" Kayden asked making Aria snort. "Always," Ria replied with a devious smirk. Offering her hands to Aria and Kayden, she closed her eyes. To the Dawn Court.

The Dawn court was magnificent to say the least. The rays of the sun reflected on the pillars, the doors looming well over her head. She had winnowed them right outside the entrance on the last floor where Thesan was waiting for her. She smiled as he walked forward now, his lover right behind him. She gave him a small nod, "I am assuming some, if not all, have arrived?" He nodded, eyes scrunched in worry, "Rhysand, Kallias, and Helion have arrived." She smiled, "and yet, you seem so done already." Thesan' eyes flashed, "I was kind enough to allow my residence to be used. My kindness and patience only goes so far." She chuckled, "reasonably."

He extended his hand to gesture towards the gilded door on the other side of his castle, "shall we?" She grinned, "Sure but I won't be reliable for any damages that might occur due to my presence." The High Lord only huffed in response.

Kayden entered before her. And Aria with her and Thesan. Kayden had wanted to gauge the situation before her- even if that was only for mere seconds before she did so herself. She entered the room with soundless steps and her head held high. There was no fear of what was to come, only anticipation. The effect she and her two friends had on the hall was instantaneous. Thesan standing beside her didn't help. Her brother was already there, standing beside Helion who gave her a small smirk. Azriel and Cassian stood beside their High Lady Feyre. Morrigan was busy chatting up Vivian while Kallias stood beside them, scowling. But the moment they saw her and took her in, the smiles vanished replaced by blatant curiosity. Nesta, the other sister, the Made one stood near Cassian, daring anyone who looked at her. Ria would try and talk to her later.

She didn't let the Night entourage deter her though. Masking her anxiety with a cool smile, she made her way forward to where Kallias stood. Giving him and Vivian a nod, she said, "High Lord Kallias, it is good to finally meet you." He looked her up and down, trying to place her. "My emissary had a lot of good things to say about your court. I hope one day I can come and experience it myself- it is quite different from Dusk." It clicked for him. And then, he nodded, "Your emissary is a charming male." She smiled- Kallias was known to not speak much anyway. But Vivian continued his conversation, "we were surprised to hear from ... Dusk. And from you."

"I do love good surprises," Ria mused making Kayden snort. Morrigan, who had been silent for so long, added, "it was a surprise for us all." Vivian rose a brow. "A lot of aspects went into play when that decision was made, Morrigan. I thought you would've have figured that out by now."