46. Race recap

Nico (Britney) pov:

Lewis just arrived back into my room after dinner with his grid family he immediately dropped down on the bed.

Lewis: Nic, am I good enough?

I turned my head to him before I tugged him into my arms.

Nico: Ofcource you are Liebe, you did your best Lew. Tomorrow will be better I swear.

Lewis started sobbing in my arms, I knew that he felt like a failure at this moment.

Nico: You did your best baby you can't do more. Tomorrow will be better, it's the car that left you today. You are an amazing driver and an amazing husband Lew. I swear you're the best.

Lewis: Wi- Will yo- you  leave me if I can't win anymore?

I looked at him shock in my eyes.

Nico: I would never leave you Lew. I love you to much for that, it doesn't matter if you're a 7 time world champion or a homeless man. I will always love you.

I gave him a kiss on his forehead and laid us down.

Lewis: I love you too love. Do you promise you'll never leave me?

He lifted his pink before I intertwined them.

Nico: I promise Liebe. I'll always be there for you.

He hugged me a little tighter before his sobs started to become less. After around 10 minutes Lewis stopped crying. We cuddled a little more.

Lewis: I dare to bet 50 bucks Seb is calling Kimi or crying because he misses Kimi.

I laughed while nodding.

We heard a knock on the door, Lewis lifted himself off of my body before I went to open the door, Mark was standing in front of me panic all over his face.

Nico: Tesoro can you get out for a minute so I can talk in private with Mark.

Lewis stood up from the bed before he gave me a kiss.

Lewis: What room is Seb's?

Nico: Second room on the left, number 304.

I got another kiss before Lewis walked away and I let Mark in. I sat down on the bed Mark sat down in front of me.

Nico: Show me man.

Mark pulled a little box out of his pocket before he opened the box to show me what's in there.

Nico: That's beautiful man, there will be not fucking way he won't say yes.

He showed me the rings closer, their initials and race numbers were engraved together with the date they got together.