Chapter Ten(Into the Nothing)

Chapter Ten

   Okay, so I feel like this chapter is a book of it's own. I feel like a lot happens, and by the way...sort of gets graphic, but honestly I suck at writing those parts...so if anyone has advice(woah really awkward huh) feel free to message me. Okay well comment and vote please!:) Love you guys!

(Into the Nothing)

The room was quiet, the only sound echoing from the light whistling of the wind from outside the bare window. I felt the uncovered flesh of my legs quiver with the chill, as the breeze fluttered my white dress around my thin thighs. The splintered floor boards stabbed at my bare feet and pinched my heels with every crack and knot within the pale wood. The walls around me felt suffacting, sharing the same texture as the floor below.

An hourglass was positioned along the tattered mantle of the old windowsill. I padded and winced with the destroying of my feet beneath me, brushing my fingertips along the vintage style of the object. The sand inside was a honey yellow, the top half empty and the bottom half completely full. I placed my hands around its shape and tugged at it, realizing it was stuck onto the wood underneath.

"Two." A man shouted behind me.

I shuttered with the sound of his low, aching voice and turned to meet this stanger now welcoming himself into my realm. His hair was the color of night, hanging messily to the right of his head. I couldnt really make out the rest of his form, other than the unusual height of his body. He appeared to be almost touching the ceiling. Who was this man, and why was he shouting "two"?

"Four." He shouted again in the same monotone.

My mouth wavered open in awe at the random numbers he felt the need to call out. A bird sung lonely outside the window, soaring slowly onto the windowsill behind me. I jerked back an inch at the sight of the crow, now cawing in it's natural song. How had it sang such a beautiful note before?

"Hollow I feel...hollow." The crow sobbed.

I stood still, unsure of what I was seeing.

"Numb. Numb is correct." The man added.

My head spun back and forth between their mirrored expressions of sorrow and loss. I couldnt grasp any of this darkening atmosphere. There mustve been an escape.

"Turn the light on, Murey." The man spoke, directing his glowing orbs of turquoise my way.

"The light!" The crow shrieked.

"The light!"

"The Light!"

"Run!" The man cried.

Ends

I shot out of bed in a flash, a cold sweat now forming along the lines of my burning skin. I'd had it again. I'd had this horrible reacurring nightmare once again and I couldnt manage my breathing. I shut my eyes and reopened them repetedly, reminding myself that I was awake, that this was real life. That those visions belonged to a dream obtained in my head. Jingles meowed to my side, jerking my body at the sudden sound.

I landed on the floor in a loud thud and rolled over to unstick myself from the waxed hardwood.

"Just a dream." I exhaled to myself.

I crawled over to my desk, checking the bright digital clock next to my laptop. It wasnt even morning, in fact...it was 10:12pm. I hadnt even slept an hour yet. I pulled the drapes away from my window, flicking on the lightswitch next to me.

"Ding"

"I'm outside. Get changed...even though I dont really mind those sexy as fuck lace underwear you have on. Via-Andy"