Chapter Twenty-Seven(Behind the Lines)

      I'm so excited for the rest of this story now that I have this chapter written! Haha, lets just say it's not just a walk in a park anymore:3 Thank you to everyone that has stuck with this and support this story. I love you all fracking dearly!!! You're amazing:))

(Behind the Lines)

      I held the straps of my bag below my knees, hearing the flashes and new questions spurring out of control ahead of us. Lilly placed a pair of sunglasses on and slipped the hood of my jacket over my head. It was hilarious how she thought this was a good enough disguise from them not to notice us.

      Devin supported my right side and Lilly was to my left. I felt secure in their little huddle, but their bodies in no way, protected me from the attack of the cameras and paparazzi.

"Why are you still with Andy?"

"Where are you headed?"

"Are you aware that he has sold out with every concert going on from the time they announced it?"

"Do you think you'll change your style for him to fit in?"

"How do you feel about Vanessa?"

      Lilly marched the way inside of the airport and then we were making a full on sprint towards security. Devin hauled me over his shoulder with how slow I was running and Lilly almost toppled over laughing.

"I'm sorry! I know, I know...I'm a slow as shit." I whined.

"You don't say." Lilly smirked.

____________________________

       I dropped my over the shoulder bag on the dying lawn of Mrs. Barbers. I couldn't believe Lilly had actually paid a woman we didn't know to let us stay at her a hundred old home. It's not like the press was killing me that much. I could handle the whole bit about not having a life. It's not like I had one before.

     I walked down her small stone path that lead to her front porch and sat on the ledge of the sidewalk. The neighborhood was filled with aging homes, some fully restored, others looking like they were about to fall apart at any second. I watched some kids pass around a basketball down the street near a chained hoop. It all felt hazy, as if I wasn't really here.

      I pressed my forehead against the base of my knees and sighed heavily with the thought of tonight. I couldn't believe it was ending already. I couldn't believe through all of this...he would literally break my heart. My jaw clenched with the formation of tears and I held my stomach together with a deep and aching breath. I was going to be okay. I could live without him...I just didn't want to.

     Lilly's presence bubbled out of the front door and down the porch with a burst of giggles and shrieks, most likely enforced by Devin. I coked my head to the side to see the two of them happier than ever. I couldn't remember seeing her smile that way before. I couldn't remember a time where she actually stayed with someone longer than a night really.

     I slowly made it onto my feet, biting my lip with the sight of them. I had to be a total downer right now. No way in hell could I be helping the situation in any way.

"It's going to be okay." Lilly soothed, rubbing the side of my arm.

"I know Andy, Murey. This shit wouldn't happen." Devin added, pulling me into a hug.

      I nodded with a thick gulp and followed into the rental car. It was quiet most of the ride until Lilly started talking about all the shopping we could do in Georgia. I leaned my cheek on the palm of my hand and tried to stay with the conversation. It just felt like my entire body was consumed with the utter fear of seeing him. It constantly hurt. It constantly felt like my heart was tearing by strings and there was no way in repairing it.