Chapter Thirty-Five(Hospital)

Chapter Thirty-Five

    I think three more chapters at the most? I am so fracking excited/depressed you guys! D: But, really it needs to be finished so I can move on and you can move on and we can all believe that Murey and Andy are somewhere with their little baby and-yes:) Haha. Well thank you all for reading!!:D I love each and everyone of you! And hey...Follow me on tumblr?(I follow back:)) That thing is my life next to this over here:) Apologies for the shortness again...I just..yes. And hey, who knows I might even come back and drag this on a bit longer. I'll make sure to tell you in the NEXT author's note though. Mkay, LOVE YOU ALL! COMMENT, VOTE, MESSAGE, TELL ME WHAT YOU THANK!:)))))

(Hospital)

     He told it to me slow, each breath rushed and unsure. I didn't do as much as move an inch after the doctor's had gotten through with testing. It was strange. I felt like it was all beginning again, as if life hadn't understood my absence for however the amount of time I had been gone. I didn't really cry when I awoke, it was more like panicked breaths that popped with each entry and wheezed through their way out.  

   Andy was seated in the plastic white chair near my side like his life had depended on it. I shivered with the familiar rush of adrenaline running from the look held within his eyes. I couldn't get his smile out of my mind. Why couldn't I just always see it? Why couldn't he permanently be happy...or at least turn away from every fight dangling above his head.

    He closed the small space between us and gingerly pressed his weight on the edge of my bed, running his fingertips down the line of my jaw. My lips parted with the warmth and the fluttering that was now twisting in my stomach. He kissed my forehead with the sense of my fragile state and drug a trail down my cheek slowly. His mouth ended in the corner of mine, all the while my eyes were open.

"Murey." He breathed.

    My eyes flashed to his that were barely an inch away. I could feel his right arm tightening my body into the space that rested between his shoulders. He was back. I'd done it. I'd actually broke him enough that he was back to hating attachment, to hating kind words and compassionate gestures. Genuine concern and hope must've been long gone within the moment I had been announced in another world.  

"You've changed." He replied, his tone falling with an unexpected swallow of disappointment.

"N-no I haven't."

"You're telling me..."His jaw was clenching near my chin with the way he had tilted his head, long ago pleading for a kiss. "That it's normal for you to wake up in a hospital bed hooked to machines and listen to the gruesome story of how you fucking got here without an expression of fear? I don't think so."

     I gulped with the pain that was showing through his closed eyes. It hurt just to hear the words fall from his lips...to see him act like it was his own body in this bed. I glanced down with quivering actions to see the IV pinned within my snow white flesh. I hadn't even thought about being afraid. It was new. It was all different, yet the same.

"Murey." He swallowed loudly, the skin around his neck bobbing with the motion.

      My trembling hand hovered above the long line of tubing that ran from my wrist. I couldn't stand to see it slither out of my wounded skin even though I had wanted it out more than I wanted to get out of here. I could feel my normal self returning with the irony of all of what Andy had said. How long had I been asleep? How much did I miss? Did my parents know? Where was Lilly? Was I sick...was I really sick? Was I still dying?

"You're pregnant." Andy answered.

      I froze beneath the thin sheets that covered my sown together body of bone and skin. I wasn't. I couldn't be. He was just mocking the first time we had slept together. He was purposely trying to hurt me. It was typical old Andy. My fingers enclosed around the fabric that fell from my legs, gripping painful wads of it in fear. I didn't speak. I didn't think. It wasn't true.