Chapter Fourteen(Long Night)

Chapter Fourteen

    I feel that this chapter is random, but I liked it too much to trash it, so you're in bad luck;p Okay, well please comment, vote and message me anytime! I love you guys! You're all amazing!!!:)

(Long Night)

   Lights of red, white, and blue filled the night sky. I didn't stand. I didn't sit. I fell. I fell onto the plush grass beneath me, huddling in a ball, as I began to scream. Lilly and Devin tried to clear the way of people and calm me, but there was no use. I wrapped my arms around my legs, my chin buried in the tips of my knees. I bit onto the side of my hand and kept still.

"She needs to just shut the hell up!" Devin whined.

"No, you shut the hell up! Murey's never dealt with anything like this before, you dick!" Lilly shot back.

   I felt her hands try and comfort me, but I swatted them away. I could feel my chest squeezing out breaths against my legs. My eyes were stinging with emotion. It's like a tornado had just came by and swept away everything I loved. I watched them load him into the gurney, never in my life had I expected his body to ly so motionless.

"He'll be alright." Lilly hushed.

   She sat down onto his front yard next to me, her arms covering me like a blanket. I wanted to melt into the grass below. I just wanted all of this to end up like another nightmare. Devin stood beside us with his hands tucked into the pockets of his ripped jeans. Blood still coated his nose and cheeks a bit from when Andy had hit him. I pretty much got the play-by-play once I made it out of the bathroom.

  I picked my gaze out of the barrier of my knee caps and starred out into the glossy street. Cars were parked along the rigged black texture, as the mess of what Andy had gone through hung heavy in the air.

"He's made it out through worse." Devin assured.

   I looked up at his stiff frame of crossed arms and pinched expression. The unsureness of what he'd just said was plain as day. Andy never lost fights. He never complained about any broken bones or injuries...and here he was not breathing in the containment of an ambulance that was already headed to the nearest hospital. I bit the inside of my mouth and dug my face into my legs.

"I'll take you home." Lilly smiled weakly.

"I...I don't want to go home."

"You cant stay here starring at an abandoned crime scene, Murey."

"I don't-I don't want to be alone."

   Devin and Lilly both paused at my reply. They obviously weren't expecting this sort of reaction. Then what reaction where they expecting?

"You can stay with me." Lilly offered.

"I don't want to go anywhere."

"You're not going to fucking stay here in the cold. It's the middle of the night. I promised Andy I'd keep you safe if anything happ-"

   The air around us fell silent with his too soon of words. I bit my finger, as a few tears dripped down my cheeks. I should've told him I loved him. I shouldn't have turned into a completely different person in just a frame of seconds. I should've let him be rude and impulsive. I should've just held onto every single second I had with him.

"Nothing's going to happen to him. I promise, Murey. Andy's a tough guy." Devin replied.

"So come on. You need to get some rest." Lilly added. 

   The officers were clearing the street now, their eyes trailing over to our small sope opera session. The cars were spilling through the intersection with ease, as each passenger looked over at us with vague sympathy.