Chapter Twenty-One(Nothing's Lying in the Shadows)

Chapter Twenty-One

    So...been a year it seems. I'm sorry, I have this sort of planned out I just get stuck and don't know where to go or what to write:/ So again if you have any ideas or even Questions!! Ask and Tell! Thank you ALL SO MUCH for reading and sticking with this. I appreciate every single one of you! If you could vote, comment, or message me and tell me what you think that would be fracking amazing. I love you!!:)

   (Nothing's Lying in the Shadows)

    The front door slammed with a shut, as weighted footsteps slowly pounded into the kitchen. I could hear Andy talking to himself and rolled out of bed in pain. The clock on his side table read, "4:23am". I couldn't believe he'd been gone for so long. What was there to do? I cringed with the obvious fights and drug abuse that could've filled his time.

   My body shuttered in the cold of the living room, while Andy's tall frame came into view. He was bent over something in the kitchen, his knees closely touching the tile of the floor. I snuck behind him and tried to make out whatever was underneath him, but his body was enclosing the whole thing.

"You should be in bed." He spoke, his back still facing me.

   My heart popped with his awareness and I backed away into the island behind me. I watched him push the thing against the lower cupboard, making a face of some poor victim come into view. My stomach felt weightless and then suddenly it felt as if it had morphed into a thousand pounds. I held the bridge of my nose in an attempt to help my panicked breathing.

    His face was cut open with the thick drying syrup of blood smearing across his neck and collar. I just stared at him. I never could picture anything...was he dead? My thoughts were racing with the possibility and I could feel myself unhinging from the safe amount of sanity I still had left.

'He's not dead." Andy exhaled.

"B-b-but."

"Stop. Just stop right now and go back into the bedroom. I'll explain later."

    I threw myself off of the granite counter and sped into his bedroom. I was wheezing. I don't think I ever wheezed before. I sat down shakily and let my feet dangle off the edge of the bed. I was starting to really panic. I just needed to get some control. I heard the door click and then Andy was before me, now without a shirt and unzipping his jeans.

    Still in the darkness I could see the light coloring of his sapphire eyes. He was about to shake out of his pants and go into the shower to wash off all the evidence, but then stopped and lowered himself to my knees. His hands cupped my thighs in a caring way and I could feel his breathing forming ghostly words that he wasn't sure if he should say.

"I was still pissed...about-Lauren. I needed to fight. So I went to the bar and fought a couple of guys and then Billy, that guy in there, he was drunk out of his mind...he fucking pushed me, I..." He sighed and pulled a hand down his face.

"At first, we all thought I'd killed him. But, I didn't. He's going to be okay I think."

    I nodded and his lips suddenly were on mine with a reassuring kiss. His hand held the back of my head, avoiding my wound and then he pecked my forehead and vanished into the bathroom. I scooted back against his headboard, tucking my knees up to my chin. Ten minutes had passed and he reentered in a pair of plaid pajama pants, his beautiful scarred up/inked chest on full display.

    His arm wrapped around me, pulling me down to lay on my side facing him. I opened my eyes to see his gaze falling on my face. He seemed content. I pressed my cheek against my pillow, breathing comfortingly in his presence. He smoothed his thumb across my temple. He seemed changed. He'd finally found somewhere to dispose his spill over.