Chapter Seventeen(And...So it Begins)

Chapter Seventeen

    Hello Everyone:3 I hope you like this one! I guess you could label it as a filler...but it is sort of interesting hopefully!:) Please tell me what you think! ANYTHING! SERIOUSLY! I LOVE HEARING YOUR GUYS' FEEDBACK:D And if you have any ideas feel free to message me:) Love you all:)

(And...So it Begins)

   I cleared through the hallways, hearing the familiar rattle of thin lockers and lacing of slippers. Everyone seemed to have a group, even though we all managed to wear the same style of loose comfy clothes. I myself, had on an over sized black sweater with a pair of pink tights underneath. I sat down onto the dance floor, catching my haunting reflection in the large wall of mirrors. My expression couldn't have looked more petrified. Too many people. Too many unknown faces.

"Okay kids settle down." A tall man of muscle said, making his way to the front,

   His legs were covered in a pair of baggy gray sweats, barley hanging on the hills of his hips. He did a little kick turn, smacking his hands together with a wide grin. I could feel the tension in the room with his excitement. Suddenly everyone's faces swallowed with their realization. I eased back into my position. I'd already gotten a scholarship. My spot was sealed.

"Auditions for this school year will begin now, before we begin though, I would like all of you to acknowledge that this is an academic school as well. All of you have been handpicked with amazing talent and outstanding grades. We only expect this to carry on."

   He stopped his short speech and scanned the room for our faces to morph into something else. Too bad most of us were still dying with the fact that we soon would have to either embarrass ourselves in front of complete strangers or show off our skills.

"First up will be Darvy." He announced.

    A petite, yet curvy girl, with long black hair strutted up to the center. She started off slowly, working into the music with a steady rhythm, I examined her sways and the way her arms extended to the sides. She wasn't half bad. The music cut off and then the hours went on with each dancer after the next.

   Everyone had gone and the minutes had felt endless with some of the ones that shouldn't have even been picked. I was really shallow to even think that. I wasn't the best. That was obvious...but still if you couldn't even keep the beat you shouldn't audition to a dance academy.

"I hope all of you realize that just the fact that you re here is an achievement of its own. I'm proud of all of you. I didn't see a performance that wasn't worthy of this fine academy. My name is Mr. Evans and I hope to see you later this month."

   And with that we all began to get up and trudge sorely out of the dance room, until some asshole had to mention that I hadn't done anything.

"Mr. Evans," A thinly built guy said, waving his hand like a school boy. "She didn't dance."

   His finger was sticking out of his bony fist towards me and I swear, my insides were bursting like the core of the sun. Most of this was fear, panic, embarrassment, and I suppose somewhere was the hint of anger.

"Ah, you mean Miss White. She's one of our few scholarship recipients. You mind showing us why you're here, Murey?" Mr. Evans smiled.

   I turned to see the rest of the crowd returning to the room with curious grins. My stomach was in knots, as I approached the center of the room like all the rest of the dancers had before. The song "Hazy" by Rosi Golan and William Fitzsimmons started overhead and I molded into the lyrics and sound. My body twirled and lifted with her light syllables, while I closed my eyes and concentrated on not messing up.