Twenty-Four(In the End)

Chapter Twenty-Four

Ello:) Sooo this feels like a filler, even though I don't think it really is. I believe I have between several and a couple chapters left to write depending on where I go from here. It's coming to and end...:( But I couldn't have done this or kept writing this without all of your guy's support. Like always, all of you are amazing and I wouldn't be here without you! Sorry if I haven't replied back to your comment or something. Just getting sort of busy since its the end of school!!:)) Okay, love you guys!:)

(In the End)

I never had gotten the nerve to ask why he suddenly was going to leave. The possibilities of why seemed endless. I just figured there was something in the midst of all of this that he was hiding. It's not like that's anything unusual either.

I stretched forward, pressing my forehead onto my thigh with ease. The dim lights of the studio lit up the room with a gorgeous honey shade that reflected off of the wall of mirrors. 

I glanced at my own reflection quickly, smiling weakly at the rings that were embedded beneath my eyes. I couldn't sleep with the thought of him no longer with me. I tucked a bright strand of my hair behind my ear that had fallen from my bun and slowly stood on my toes.

I closed my eyes, breathing in the luscious essence of the silence. I spun lightly, twirling with the momentum and then extending my arms to fall rounded. 

It felt like this was the only thing that kept me sane. Every night, dancing had helped me remember who I was. With my eyes still closed I followed the steps over to the stereo and clicked play. 

Flightless Bird by Iron and Wine began to blend soothingly through the speakers, as I sped backwards on my toes. I lifted me legs into a leap, and started flowing into the music.

"Have I found you, flightless bird? Jealous...weeping...or lost you? American mouth." 

I kept up with the gentle beat, melting with the lyrics until something clicked and it suddenly stopped.

"So this is where you go?" Andy laughed.

I opened my eyes, stunned at his out of place figure standing in a room of elegance. He dug his hands into the pockets of his black jeans, raising one to hold the back of his neck.

I smiled at his short choppy hair, allowing my expression to hide all the nervousness that he brought.

"You've been gone almost every night, Murey." 

He walked with swinging steps, resting his shivering gaze on my trembling stance. I couldn't tell if he was upset.

"Listen, when I said I might have to leave I didn't mean it was fucking permanent." He smirked.

He stopped in front of me, so close that I could see every new injury that marked his face.

"When are you going to stop fighting?" I whispered. 

He poked at a line of stitches that ran up his forearm that I hadn't noticed. Laughter arose from his lungs, as he switched the focus back to me with a stroke on my cheek from his thumb.

"I'm in a band, Murey." 

It felt like a hit, like someone had just walked up and slapped me straight across the face. I could feel the sting. I could taste the humiliation. He was in a band. He'd been in a band all this time and I hadn't even known. How the hell?

"We're called Black Veil Brides. They needed a singer so I said what the hell and started playing with them about a  month ago. We got picked up. They want us to fucking tour."