Chapter 2: Unusual Behavior

I wake up the next morning, cold and alone. Jack usually wakes me up. Sometimes even my cat, Toby wakes me up.

My room is very cold. I guess I forgot to turn on my heater. Plus I left the window open. I throw on one of the many hoodies piled up in the corner and walk out the door.

Bradley is still asleep. I walk into Jack's room. I see a big fluffy ball curled up at his side. It pops it's head up and I'm met with two big green eyes. Toby.

A noise in the kitchen startles Toby and I. As I walk out of Jack's room, Toby follows. Bradley is in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Without looking up from the stove, he says, "Bus will be here in thirty minutes. You better get ready."

Once in my room, I shed my clothes and decide to take a quick shower. Once my hair is dried, I fumble through my closet. Ripped skinny jeans and and a vintage white Jack Wills t-shirt. My favorite outfit. A light amount of makeup is applied before I slip my bag onto my shoulder and head out. My white converses are slipped on and Im out the door.

*buzz*buzz*

I pull my phone out of my back pocket.

New message from Lia.

"Bus is on the way. Don't be late Miss Ford." She reprimands. Lia is my best friend. Like my only friend.

The bus pulls up and I see Lia in the window. I board the bus and sit down next to her.

"Hey babe!" she says in her cheery voice.

"Hi."

"You alright?"

"Yeah just got into a fight with Bradley, thats all." She gives me a sympathetic look but before she can say anything else, we hear someone yell from the back.

"Oi Sammy! Can't you afford jeans without holes? Or do you reuse the same pair every day?"

Lia holds me in the seat before I can get up to do anything. "Hey CeCe, still being spoiled by daddy? What are you going to do when he goes broke?" I say rather coldly.

"At least I have my dad. You're shit outta luck." That tears it.

Lia pulls me by my arm, securing me to her side. "Sam, please calm down! It's not worth it."

CeCe has been on my ass since third grade. I don't know what about her everyone thought was so great. She looked like a Barbie fresh out of the box. It sickened me.

**

Homeroom is a bitch. I usually sit there on my phone but today was different. Rumor has it we have a new student. Everyone is trying to figure out which class he or she is in.

Our teacher walks into the room and everyone gets quiet.

"I am happy to say the rumors are true. We do have a new student." Mr Vodzak starts. "He moved here from Cheshire and I hope you all treat him well. Harry? " he asks as he gestures towards the door.

All the girls in the room gasp as he walks into the room. He is tall. Over 6 foot. His chocolate locks frame his face perfectly. His eyes seem to almost match mine. Ramones is printed in white on his t-shirt and his dark jeans hang low on his hips. His converses are tattered and worn, just like mine.

Mr Vodzak tells him to take a seat wherever he feels comfortable. He walks down the row next to me and sits down. He is two seats behind me but I can see him in the corner of my eye. He was looking at me.

Second period comes around and Mr Vodzak is deep into his science lesson. I couldn't help but turn around and look at Harry. Just my luck, he's staring back.