Chapter 23: The man in black

I wake up in my own room for the first time in a while. Harry lays beside me, his head burried into my side. Soft snores come from his slightly partly lips, making me smile. I move the curls from his face and place a kiss on his temple.

A soft knock comes from the other side of my door.

"Come in." I whisper, careful not to wake Harry.

Bradley opens the door and peaks his head in.

"Hey, I um, talked to the doctors. Mom doesn't have more than twenty-four hours left." his face falls. "Do you want to stop by the hospital later and say goodbye?"

I nod and frown.

He nods too and shuts the door.

Harry stirs next to me. "Good morning love."

I smile and run my hands through his hair. "Morning Harry."

He smiles and pulls himself up to kiss my cheek. "Sorry about your mom."

"You heard?"

He nods and snuggles into my neck, his curls tickling my neck. "Why are you so cuddly this morning?"

"Im trying to cheer you up. And you're really warm." he smiles and places a kiss on my neck.

I smile and pull the covers off my body.

"Where are you going?" he whines.

"Shower."

Harry groans and snuggles into my pillow.

**

Hospitals always freak me out. No matter what the cause.

Harry senses my tension and laces his hand with mine to relax me.

I hear Harry laugh from beside me. He squeezes my hand causing me to look up at him. He smiles at me and looks in front of him. I follow his gaze and smile, seeing Jack and Peyton holding hands.

Jack looks back and gives Harry a thumbs up. Harry smiles and returns the gesture.

"Harry!" I exclaim.

A cheeky grin spreads across his face as he laughs. "I may have given him some girl advice..."

I roll my eyes and smile.

We reach the ICU and Vinny offers to sit with the kids outside. Harry, Bradley and I walk in. The doctor spots us and gives us a warm smile. He approaches us and shakes Bradley's hand.

"Im glad you came. She doesn't have much time left." he explains.

Harry squeezes my hand as the doctor leads us to her bed. She looks terrible. Her skin was so pale that you would think she was already dead. Her short brown hair was turning grey and was thinner than ever. I bet her green eyes were probably dull and lifeless.

I lean over the side of the bed and give her a kiss on her forehead, just like she used to do to me when I was little. A tear rolls down my cheek and falls onto hers.

Even though she didn't have her life in check, she loved us and we loved her.

Harry wraps his arm around my shoulder and guides me back outside.

On the way out, we bump into someone, a man dressed in all black. "Im sorry." I sniff.

He nods and walks away. Something about him caught my attention.

I turned around to get a proper look at the man but when I turned around, he was gone.

________________________

Goal: 200+ votes :)