Chapter 47: Confrontation

Chapter 47:

"What?" My voice broke and my knees were going weak.

It brought tears to my eyes knowing that Harry could no longer protect me.

"I'm not aloud past the gates anymore. I've been kicked out." Harry sighs. "The angel resistance has taken me in."

I start to cry. I didn't mean for Harry to get into all this trouble.

"Babe please." Harry hugs me. "This is a step in the right direction."

"How." I hiccup, wiping my tears on the back of my sleeve.

"I don't have to worry about being under constant surveillance." He rubs my back.

"He's going to kill me." I whisper, burying my head into Harry's chest.

"I would never let that happen." Harry pulls me an arms length away. "We need to go. Things are going to go faster then we planned."

Harry grabs my hand and smiles at me. We walk down the hill and through the cemetery. Harry's car was parked just outside the cemetery gates.

The car ride to the Safe Haven was long and quiet, but much appreciated. It could be the last time Harry and I spend together.

Once at the school, Harry and I run up to nerve center.

"Vinny!" Harry yells.

"The angels are on their way. Edric is definitely going to know something is up now." Vinny panics.

"Let him. This battle is going to have to commence sooner then planned." Harry says.

Vinny's eyes widen but he doesn't question Harry. He knows better then that.

Harry turns around to face me and takes my shoulders in his hands.

"You need to get Daria and all of the women and children you can find. Take them down to the basement and keep them safe. Understand?"

I nod my head and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm guessing this is goodbye?" I whimper, burying my head into the crook of his neck.

"Hey." Harry whispers. "Don't say that. I will see you again."

I pull away and he wipes my tears away with his thumb.

"Stay safe out there. Don't get yourself killed." I smile.

Harry laughs. "I won't."

I give him one last hug. Harry reaches up and caresses my cheek. I lean into his touch. Who knows how long I might have to wait to feel this again.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you too Samantha." He smiles.

We both lean towards each other until our lips meet in a long awaited kiss.

After awhile, Harry pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"Stay safe." He whispers.

"You too."

**

"Daria!" I yell, finally finding the tall brunette I was looking for.

She was leading a small group of women and children to the basement.

"Oh Samantha! I've been looking for you!" She waves.

"I've been looking for you too." I laugh.

"Harry told me to round up all the women and children I could find." She says. "Is everything okay?"

I sigh. "They are starting this thing sooner than expected."