Chapter 44: Noticing a Pattern

*Harrys POV*

Have you ever been so scared that your heart stopped beating?

The world seemed to move in slow motion. My feet skidded to a halt as I watched Samantha's limp body roll down the hood of the car.

My ears were ringing and my heart was pounding. Hot tears flowed down my cheeks as I watched in horror.

The driver of the car sped away just as fast as he came.

"Samantha!" I scream.

My legs finally regain their strength and I run towards her lifeless body.

I slump to my knees and pull her fragile body onto my lap.

The tears were clouding my vision, blurring the image of the broken girl in front of me.

Her eyes were open, but they looked dull.

"Please wake up." I whisper, holding her close. "Please baby, wake up."

She blinks her eyes, and then she smiles at me.

"Harry." She croaks.

Her small hand reaches up and caresses my face.

"Please don't leave me." I choke back tears.

"I won't." She smiles.

She takes a deep breath and then her head goes limp in my lap. I could no longer hear her heartbeat.

"Sam, please! You said you wouldn't leave me!" I hold her tight and place a sloppy kiss on her forehead.

"Baby please come back to me."

Sirens wail in the distance. I could see the flashing red lights.

"Harry!"

I turn around to see Vinny, Raphael, Daria and Akio.

Daria gasps and covers her mouth when she sees Samantha. Akio wraps his arms around her and walks her away.

The ambulances pull up to us and the paramedics pile out.

"Sir you need to let her go." A paramedic says, placing a hand on my shoulder.

My fear was clouding my judgement. I only saw these men as a threat.

"No!" I scream, pulling Samantha closer to me.

"Harry you need to let her go." Raphael says.

I looked back to see Vinny and Raphael standing over me. I could hear Daria crying. Akio was desperately trying to calm her down.

I nod my head slowly as the men take Samantha away. They place her on a stretcher and lift her into the ambulance.

I run over to the ambulance and jump into it before they can shut the door.

"Sir, you can't be in there." One of the paramedics says.

"Tony! Let him be. We need to go!" The driver yells.

The man I assumed was Tony sighed. He slammed the doors and locked them.

The ambulance started to pick up speed and I could hear the sirens go off.

I grab Samantha's hand and watch the paramedics inject things into her arm.

I could hear Samantha's heartbeat again but it was very faint.

This was all my fault. Why did I have to yell at her?

Why did it have to be her. Why couldn't it have been me.

With a shaky hand, I push the hair out of her face.

She had cuts and scrapes all over her forehead. There was still glass from the windshield in her hair.

My angel was dying.

My angel was dying and I couldn't do anything about it.

**

I sat in the waiting room with my head down.

Samantha's blood covered my hands. I tried to scrub it off my hands as best as possible. It was a painful reminder. A reminder that I failed to save the one I loved.

"Harry Styles?" The nurse asks.

My head snaps up, looking in the direction of the voice.

"Yes?"

"You're here for Samantha Ford, correct?" She looks down at her clipboard.

"Yes. Is she okay?" I jump up.

The nurse gives me a sympathetic look. "Not good. We don't know if she will make it."

I could feel my heart fall to my feet.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Follow me."

The nurse leads me up to the third floor intensive care unit.

Before the nurse opens the door, she sighs and turns to me.

"Samantha is stable right now. She is unconscious and under a lot of medication. She has two broken ribs and possibly a concussion. Just don't expect her to wake up any time soon." She pats my shoulder, opening the door.

My angel.

The nurse closes the door behind me, leaving me alone with Samantha.

I walk over and kneel by her bedside. I take her hand in mine.

Her hand was cold. A tear fell down my cheek as I pulled her hand up to my mouth. I blow warm air on her palm in an attempt to warm her up.

The rosy red color in her cheeks were gone. Scratches littered her arms and face.

Suddenly I realized something.

We had been in the hospital at least three times in the last two months, for the same reason. A car accident.

The last two people died and I was not about to let Samantha be the third.

Something weird is going on, I can just feel it.

--------------------------------

SO

I love all of your comments! I've read all of them and it makes me smile.!

This chapter was all in Harry's POV but next chapter we will find out more about this "strange" thing harry was talking about.

KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING!

Early vote goal: 1000