Chapter 14: A Temporary Home

Harry decided it was best for us to go into the school to hide for a while. The plan was for us to hide out, tell father that Harry had killed me and he would move on to his next victim. The main goal was to keep me alive.

"Got most of your things?" Harry asks.

I lift the last box into Harry's Range Rover. Jack walks out the front door, his head down and his hands behind his back. He is the most upset about me going away. As far as Bradley and Jack know, I am moving in with Harry.

"I made this for you." Jack holds out a small brown book. "I wanted to give it to you at your wedding or something but I guess now is a good time."

I take the small book from his hands and place it inside a box labled, 'Keepsakes". Jack runs into me and I hold him tight. I pick him up and his small arms wrap around my neck.

Bradley saunters out of the house and comes to stand in front of us, his hands in his pockets. "You sure you really wanna leave? You've only known each other for about a year?"

I give him a long sigh. "Im sure. I'll come visit though."

Bradley extends his arm and I walk into him. With Jack in my arms and Bradley holding onto us both, I suddenly feel guilty. Harry feels the worst about it all. He hates himself for taking me away from my family. Bradley gives me one last kiss on my forehead and unwinds Jack from my arms. He is crying so hard to the point where he's shaking.

"Keep in touch?"

"I promise."

Harry shuts the trunk and walks over to open my door for me. I hop in and Harry shuts the door. He says goodbye to Jack and Bradley and crosses over to the drivers side.

On our way towards the high school, I couldn't help but look back at my family. Its all my fault. Im tearing this family apart.

"Don't blame this on yourself." Harry says. He places his hand on my knee. We stop at a red light and he looks over to me. "They know you love them so very much. This was going to happen sooner or later." He gives me a half hearted smile. The light turns green and his attention turns back to the road.

Once at the high school, Harry helps me carry my things downstairs. We cleared out one of the supply closets to use as my room. The door has a lock so im completely safe. A toilet and sink occupy the right corner of the room while a small bed and nighstand sit on the left side. A shelf stands next to the door. I sigh and decide to make the place feel like home.

When all my boxes are in the room, Harry and a few others work to clear out hallways and look for useful idems. I plug in a lamp and place it on my nightstand along with a few picture frames of friends and family. I fold my clothes and pile them up on the shelf. I take out the book Jack made for me and place it in the nightstand drawer, it would be too painful to look at it now.

I huff as I fall back on my bed, legs dangling off the side. How did I get myself into this mess?

A knock on the door startles me. "Its open."

Harry comes into the room, a smile on his face. "I found you something. Close your eyes."

The bed dips beside me as light object is placed on my lap. "Open."

There in my lap lays a small notebook and a sharpened pencil stuck into the rings. It brings a smile to my face. Its just what I need. Keeping my feelings bottled up 24/7 would drive me insane.

I throw my arms around his neck and hold him tight. I take a deep breath and let it out. "Thank you Harry."

He rubs my back and gives me a small kiss on my head. "Anything for you baby." he sighs and stands up. "The boys need me. We have almost cleared the whole first floor." he gives me a small smile. "I promise Ill come see you before you go to sleep."

"You're not going to stay with me?"

"I can't." he sighs. The sadness clear in his voice, ringing out like a bell. "All of us have agreed to set up watch around the school. Tonight is my turn. I will tomorrow, I promise."

I nod and lay back on my bed.

"I love you."

"I love you too." my voice muffled into my pillow.

He takes a deep breath and slips out the door.

Its going to be a long and boring week.

___________________________________________

Hey guys sorry its short. Its really more of a filler chapter. i was thinking some of the next chapters would be in samanthas journal point of view. what do you think? keep on voting! i love you guys!!! almost 800 reads! get me to 1000!!!