Chapter 39: Welcome Back

The smell of bacon woke me up the next morning. I sit up and rub my eyes, then let them adjust to the light.

Harry isn't next to me so I assumed it was him cooking breakfast. With a smile on my face I wrap my duvet around my shoulders and run downstairs.

I can hear laughing coming from the kitchen. Now that's something that I haven't heard in this house for a long time.

As I round the corner, I see Harry sitting on the counter, raising a cup of juice to his mouth. Bradley was frying bacon over on the stove.

"Morning Samantha." Bradley smiles.

I hesitantly walk over to Harry and stand in between his legs. He kisses my head and wraps his arms around me.

"Good morning babe." Harry smiles.

"Good morning?"

"Bacons done!" Bradley places the bacon onto a plate next to eggs and toast.

We all eat breakfast and surprisingly, we were all laughing and talking. It was the best we've all gotten along in awhile.

"Mpgh," Bradley tries to swallow the food in his mouth. "Samantha, you're gunna be late for school."

My eyes widen as I drop my fork and run upstairs.

I throw on a pair of jeans and a pink hoodie. On the way out the door, I swing my bag onto my back and pull my converses on.

Halfway down the driveway, Harry comes out the door.

"Babe?" He smiles and dangles his keys in the air.

I laugh and walk back to Harry's car.

"You and Bradley were getting along very well this morning." I smile.

Harry takes one hand off the wheel and leans up against the window. "Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy."

I smile, happy that everything was working out.

"He's got some plans for the battle. We could really use him at nerve center."

"You're always looking for new recruits." I laugh and roll my eyes.

"It doesn't hurt to have a lot of soldiers. The more we have, the easier it will be to take father down."

I nod in agreement.

We reach the school and I give Harry a kiss goodbye. As soon as I step out of the car, I am bombarded with hugs and hellos.

"Alright alright. Make way." Lia pushes her way through the crowd to reach me.

I laugh and let her drag me into the school.

"It's been hell without you." She laughs, linking her arm with mine.

Before the bell rings, we stop at my locker. Right when I unlock it, about ten roses come tumbling out. Just about everyone says the same thing.

"Prom?"

"You're gorgeous! Prom?"

"Hey beautiful! Got a prom date?"

"Damn girl. I still don't have a date." Lia frowns.

I smile and hand her a rose. "Be my date?"

She rolls her eyes and takes the rose. We both start to laugh.

I find a rubber band and tie it around the stems. I place the flowers back into my locker and walk to my next class.

The day goes by pretty fast. I've gotten a few more invitations to prom, but turned them down.