Chapter 46: Visiting Dad

A week later I am cleared to go home.

My ribs had almost fully healed but the cuts and scrapes still remained. The headaches came and went but it was nothing an asprin couldn't fix.

I had a lot of visitors when I was in the hospital. Bradley, Vinny, Daria, Akio, Raphael, Lia and a few friends from school. Harry was the only one that stayed with me.

"I'm so glad you're back home." Harry gives me a light hug, cautious of my ribs.

"Me too." I smile.

"I'm so sorry." Harry looks away. "I will never be able to forgive myself."

"It wasn't your fault." I whisper, softy rubbing the back of his hand.

Truthfully, it wasn't his fault. It was mine. I pushed him too far. I provoked him.

"Yes it was. I was being too damn overprotective." I sighs.

"And I don't appreciate that enough." I lift his chin up and give him a little kiss on the cheek.

He smiles and gives me another hug.

"Ow." I wince.

Harry immediately pulls back. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay." I laugh.

**

"Samantha?" Harry waves his hand in front of my face.

We were on the couch watching tv, but I was just staring at nothing.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I was just thinking."

Harry grabs the remote and turns off the tv.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He throws his arm around my shoulder, gently rubbing my arm.

"I saw my dad." I say, still looking straight ahead.

"What do you mean?" He's asks, turning to face me.

"In the headlights of the car. He was saying something. I was trying so hard to read what he was saying, I guess I forgot to run." I let out a half-hearted laugh.

Harry sighs. "Watching you roll off the hood of that car is permanently imprinted in my mind. Every time I look at you, I see that look you gave me that night.

I look up at him and smile.

He looks down and smiles. "What?"

"Nothing." I snuggle into his shoulder. "I just don't know what I would do without you."

**

The next day I wake up and find a note laying on Harry's pillow.

"Hey babe,

Bradley and I went to check and see if everyone at the safe haven is okay. We will be back soon.

I love you and please stay out of the street.! Xx

H"

I smile at the note and put it on my nightstand. I set it down next to the picture of my dad and I.

I pick up the frame and smile. Then I thought of something.

I pull my hair into a ponytail, exposing all of the cuts on my neck and face. I grab some jeans and Harry's large hoodie.

Since Harry and Bradley were gone, the house was quiet. It was something I hated.

I grab my keys and my phone. I debate whether or not to take Bradley's car.

I decide against it and walk towards the woods. When I reach the train tracks, I hop onto them and walk on the rails, balancing myself.

When the tracks begin to curve, I step off of them and continue walking straight.

Soon I reach a small black fence. I knew this area like the back of my hand. I spent half of my childhood here.

I crawl through an opening in the fence, wincing when I land on the ground. This was much easier when I was ten.

I weave my way between acres of gravestones. I reach the asphalt path and walk along it until it reaches a nearby pond. Just beyond it, sits a large willow tree.

All the memories start flooding back.

I pushed them to the back of my mind and started climbing the hill to the tree.

There was an old swing still hanging from the tree. I sat down on it, using my legs to softly push me back and forth.

"Hey dad." I whisper, looking over at his headstone.

He loved this spot. We always came up here and had picnics and read stories. We even camped here once.

My dad never wanted to be buried in a cemetery surrounded by people he never knew, so we had him buried up here.

The flowers I last brought him were lying on the stone. One from Jack, one from Bradley, one from mom and one from me.

"I'm guessing you know what happened about two weeks ago." I laugh.

"I saw you in the headlights of that car. You were trying to tell me something. What was it?"

"Samantha!" Someone calls.

"Dad?" I look around.

"Samantha!" They yell again.

I turn my attention to the cemetery. I see Harry running towards me.

"Harry what are you doing here?" I ask standing up from the swing.

Harry reaches me and takes me into his arms.

"You weren't at home and I got scared." He pants.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"Bradley said you might be here." He smiles, but it fades.

"I told you not to leave the house when I'm not there. What if," he pauses. "What if something bad happens again?"

"I'm sorry. I-I just needed to talk to my dad."

Harry nods, pulling me back into his arms.

"I just don't want to see you like that ever again." He whispers.

"See me like what?" I pull away from him.

"Dying." He looks down at the ground, as tears slip from his eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere Harry, I promise." I smile, rubbing his bicep.

He lets out a half hearted laugh. "That's not really under your control anymore."

"What do you mean?" My heart was leaping out of my chest.

"That crash, it wasn't just an accident." Harry stands to his full height again, his jaw growing tense.

"It wasn't?" I whimper.

He shakes his head. "Your death isn't in my hands anymore. You're Edric's case now."

--------------------------------

OH SHIT

There is a lot to say lol.

First, WE HAVE REACHED 1K VOTES I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

And I have read all of your comments! I love them!

Keep commenting & voting!

Early update goal: 1300