Chapter 52: My Guardian Angel

Here it is! The final chapter of The Fallen Angel!

It's been a nice ride! Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------

*Samantha's POV*

"Harry watch out!"

Once I saw Edric fall, Max ran towards Harry.

Harry turned around but not soon enough. It was too late.

The fury and anger in his eyes couldn't be tamed. It was just like the day that Max threatened me in the airport. The look in Harry's eyes was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Until now.

Now it is Max who wants to kill Harry.

Max's bullet seemed to go in slow motion as it pierced Harry right in the heart, making him fall back onto the ground.

Harry was my angel. My protector. I couldn't just watch him die.

The anger builds up inside me. Harry has protected me long enough. Now it's my turn.

"You asshole!" I yell through gritted teeth. I raise my gun and point it towards Max. Without a second thought, I pull the trigger.

The bullet strikes Max in the head, sending him to the ground.

As soon as he falls, the battle slowly comes to a stop. All of the angels and wolves stop what they're doing and look my way.

The gun falls from my hand as I run to Harry's side.

"Harry please!" I take his face in my hands, gently rubbing his cheek.

"Please don't leave me." My head falls to his chest, careful of the bullet wound.

We lay in silence for a minute. Everyone was waiting for a change.

"Samantha look." Talon says, looking out over the field.

I lift up my head, not bothering to wipe the tears away.

The angels were slowly transforming. They were losing their wings and color was returning to their skin.

The wolves were shedding their fur and retracting their claws.

Everyone was becoming human again.

Everyone except for my Harry.

"Harry wake up. Please baby, open your eyes." The tears were falling faster. I was starting to have a panic attack.

With sad eyes, Talon starts to walk away. He was giving Harry and I our final moments together.

"Harry please." My voice no higher than a whisper.

All of the angels hung their heads and began to mourn the death of the man that led them to victory, but no one could possibly have felt the pain I am feeling right now.

Harry's curls were knotted and matted down to his forehead. His wings were folded behind his back. They were starting to wilt and turn grey.

Just then, the small silver pistol caught my attention.

If Harry and I couldn't be together here, then I would make sure we were together in another life.

With a deep breath, I crawl over to the gun and pick it up.

There was one bullet left.

"I'll be with you again soon Harry." I lean down and place a kiss on his pale lips.

With a shaky hand, I raise the gun to my heart.

I count my blessings and pray for it to be over soon.

I could hear people calling my name. I could hear them running, coming closer and closer to me.

With a shaky finger, I slowly start to squeeze the trigger.

I suddenly felt a small tug at my wrist.

I could no longer hear people calling my name. Everyone stopped running. They all stared in awe.

My eyes opened and I slowly looked lowered my head to look at the hand on my wrist.

"I'm here." His voice weak and dry.

Harry was alive!

I couldn't move. I was in shock.

Harry slowly sits up and removes the gun from my hand, throwing it far behind us. He grabs my shaking body and wraps himself around me.

All I could do was cry.

"Shh babe. I would never leave you. I promised."

My body shakes violently and I cry.

"You d-died." I stutter.

Harry laughs. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Harry." Matayah greets, Raphael following close behind him.

Harry rises with me still in his arms. I was shaking like a leaf.

Harry extends his hand and shakes Matayah and Raphael's.

"Good to see you again mate." Harry smiles.

"I'm sorry about Bradley." Matayah says.

I only nod and burry my head deeper into Harry's chest.

Harry notices and plays with the ends of my hair.

"How did you pull through? We were all sure you were dead." Raphael asks.

Harry ponders his question for awhile. Then he answers.

"I think it was because I killed Edric before I got shot. Anyone that was alive after Edric died I guess changed."

I could hear Harry's heart beat within his chest. I smile, knowing we can finally be together again.

**

Everyone works to clear the bodies out of the field. Vinny and his angels had come down to congratulate us on our win.

Daria was relieved to find Akio with only a few scratches.

I had to painfully watch them carry Bradley's body away. They asked me if I had a special place in mind for a burial spot. Luckily for me, I had a place all picked out.

After they buried his body, Harry and I sat against the tree, looking out over the small town.

The small swing swayed back and forth with the wind.

Harry and I were now joined by Bradley, Jack, my mom and my dad.

Hopefully one day, I will be buried up here alongside my family.

"How does it feel to be human again?" I look up at Harry, entwining our fingers together.

Harry looks down at our hands, then back to me and smiles.

"It's amazing. I don't have to worry about being caught kissing my assignment." He smirks, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Now I don't have an angel anymore." I joke, pulling my lips into a pout.

Harry laughs, pulling me closer to him.

"I'll always be your guardian angel."

--------------------------------

Did you guys like it?

I love you all so much thank you for the amazing time I had writing this story! You all made it worth while. Without yinz the story would have never been as popular as it is now!

I have a special Christmas surprize for you all tomorrow, along with the epilogue!

I love you!

~Carolyn