Chapter 42: Overprotective

I wake up the next morning cold and alone. The fact that Harry wasn't next to me broke my heart. I started to think he only stayed with me to get a good shag.

A tear fell down my cheek as I got out of bed. I put on a fresh pair of underwear and a warm pair of sweatpants. I still kept Harry's shirt on.

I slowly trudged my way downstairs to see Harry making breakfast. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Harry turns to me and smiles. "Good morning beautiful."

"I thought you left me." I wrap my arms around his neck and burry my head into his chest.

"Why would you think that?" He frowns and holds me an arms length away.

"I thought you just wanted a good shag." I look down to my feet.

Harry pulls me back into his arms and holds me tight. "I would never."

Harry let's me go and goes back to cooking. I take a seat on the bar stool and watch Harry finish breakfast.

"One pancake for one special girl." He winks.

I blush and thank him. He takes a seat and we start eating.

"We have to start today." He says, putting a piece of pancake into his mouth.

"Start what?" I ask.

"Planning. We are running out of time." He sighs.

"Okay."

"We should start getting ready." Harry takes our plates to the sink and goes upstairs to shower.

I walk into my room and grab a pair of jeans and an old t-shirt.

When I finish changing, Harry comes into the room in nothing but a towel. My cheeks blush a deep red and I excuse myself from the room but before I can leave, Harry grabs me around the waist.

"Where you going love?" He whispers in my ear.

"T-to the living r-room." I stutter. I wasn't good in these kinds of situations.

"Do I make you nervous?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"N-No." Shit.

Harry starts to kiss my neck, making me let out a soft moan.

"I-I thought you said we needed to go."

Harry chuckles. "I'll get ready."

He places a kiss on my shoulder and lets me go. I rush out of the room and into the bathroom.

My cheeks were flushed and my eyes were wide. I hated the way my body fell helpless to Harry. He controls everything and he knows it.

"You ready babe?" Harry leans into the doorway.

"Yeah." I smile. Harry takes my hand and leads me downstairs.

"Hey guys." Bradley smiles and raises a cup of coffee to his lips.

"Nice to see you sober." Harry laughs.

"Feels better too." Bradley says.

"We are going to plan out our final moves in the battle plan. You with us?" Harry asks.

"Yeah! Let me change." Bradley says and runs upstairs. He comes down five minutes later, dressed and ready to go.

Bradley locks up the house and gets into the backseat. Harry drives us to the school and we all get out.

Some angels were outside waiting for us.

"Harry!" Matayah yells.

Harry, Bradley and I walk over to meet Matayah and Raphael.

"A friend of ours has been busy." Matayah says.

"Father has been sending Max out to try and find the safe haven." Raphael adds. "They have ran into some of our traps in the woods."

"Let me check the security cameras." Harry says.

We all follow Matayah and Raphael into the school. At nerve center, angels were busy at their computers. Vinny was there, he was trying to help fix a computer.

Vinny had decided to live here and help out. He amped up our security and trained angels in tactical strategy.

"Harry!" Vinny smiles and comes over, giving Harry a firm handshake.

"How's it going over here?" Harry asks, looking around the room.

"Great. We have a strong chance of winning." Vinny smiles.

"Can I look over security footage?"

"Yeah, follow me." Vinny leads Harry over to the computers and rewinds the video.

After awhile, I excuse myself from the room and walk down to the basement. Everyone I pass acknowledges me.

Once in the basement, I make my way to a room all too familiar to me. I take a seat on the bed and play with the loose ends of the blanket.

As I look around the room, something catches my eye. It was the necklace I planned to give Harry for our six month anniversary. I pick it up and smile.

Upon hearing someone outside the door, I shove the necklace into my back pocket and stand up. The door opens and in comes Harry.

"I didn't know where you ran off to. I got scared." He pulls me into a hug.

"I'm right here." I smile.

"Just making sure." He sighs. "I don't want to lose you."

"I'm fine. Trust me."

"We can't be sure! I have to keep you safe from Father." He raises his voice.

"Harry I'm not a child. I can fend for myself sometimes." I scoff, walking out of the room and going back upstairs.

"Don't walk away from me Samantha." Harry yells, hot on my heels.

I open the doors to outside. It had gotten darker.

"Samantha get back in here!" Harry yells from the door.

"I need some air." I yell back, walking towards the street.

"And now you've got it. Come back before something bad happens. I don't trust these woods at night!"

I ignore Harry's pleas and keep walking.

"Samantha!" He yells.

"I'm not a little kid! Quit treating me like one."

I was appreciative that I had Harry to keep me safe, but he was just too damn overprotective. It seems like if I was to sneeze he was on the phone, dialing 911.

Harry huffs and closes the door. He starts to come after me.

"Sam, it's getting dark and it's extremely cold outside. Please come back in."

"No." I say, my breath creating clouds of steam.

"Samantha, I'm not asking you again."

"Good cause you would just be wasting your breath." I spit.

Harry growls and starts to walk faster. Out of instinct, I begin to run.

"Samantha stop!" Harry yells. I could tell he was running out of breath.

I picked up my speed and kept on running.

________________________

Sorry if it's short! I have a lot planned for the next few chapters so brace yourself!

This was kind of the calm before the storm.

How did you like the last chapter? Was it okay?

COMMENT & VOTE.!!!

Early update goal: 710