Chapter 40: Prom

Lia starts to work on my hair. She decided a waterfall braid would look nice.

She began to braid my hair, and when she was done she started to curl it.

"Can you do your makeup while I start on my hair?" Lia asks plugging in her straightener.

I put on a silver colored eye shadow, hi lighting my brows. I give myself a cat eye and then I curl my lashes.

By the time I finish my makeup, Lia has straightened and pinned back her hair.

"You look beautiful." I smile.

"So do you!" She laughs.

The time on the clock says 7:30.

The boys will be here any minute!

Lia pulls our dresses out of the closet. Her dress was a light orange. It only came up to her knees and it was strapless. It had little hints of glitter, making it seem that the dress was lighting up.

I changed into mine and put on my heels.

I fix the necklace Harry gave me, pulling the clasp to the back.

When I took a look in the mirror, I was amazed. I took my own breath away.

"My angel." Someone whispers from the doorway.

I turn around to see Harry looking at me in awe. He smiles.

"You look like an angel."

I blush and look to the ground.

Harry walks up to me and lifts up my chin. He smiles and places a soft kiss on my lips.

He pulls out a rose from behind his back and hands it to me.

Harry grabs my hand and takes me downstairs.

Lia and Raphael are talking in the living room. I smile seeing them together.

Lia looks over at me and smiles wide. I give her a thumbs up.

"Well. Should we get going?" Harry says.

Lia and I nod, following our dates to the car.

Harry and I sit up front while Lia and Raphael sit in the back.

Once we get to the dance, Lia and Raphael take off, going god knows where.

Harry and I walk over by the refreshments table. I pour Harry and I a glass of pop and hand him his.

"Wow." He sighs.

"What?" I ask.

"I've been to so many high school proms. Everyone the same as the last. But this one, it's different."

I look up to him. "How so?"

He looks down at me and smiles. "Cause I'm with you."

I blush and roll my eyes. "You've been alive for a long time. Surely you've learned better pick up lines?"

Harry and I laugh.

"I'll be back." Harry says, making his way to the restrooms.

I lean against the table watching all the couples dance. I watch as Lia and Raphael make jokes to each other. They are really hitting it off.

"Hey beautiful." Someone says from behind me. I smile and turn around, expecting Harry but boy am I wrong.

Bryon Saunders.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"I just want to dance babe." He smirks grabbing my hand.

"Don't call me that." I pull my hand back.