Chapter 13: Saved by an Angel

*Harry's POV*

I run back into the school. The steps seem never ending. Once I reach the basement, I am out of breath, panting. Raphael looks up from his work. He was busy trying to move fallen rubble from the room. He sets down the wheelbarrow and wipes his forehead. A look of confusion is plastered on his face.

Once my breathing has calmed down enough for me to speak, I blurt out, "Samantha has been kidnapped."

His eyes grow wide and his arms fall to his sides. He doesn't speak.

"You have to help me find her, please." I beg.

He nods, his jaw set tight. He may not like Samantha that much but he respects my love for her.

Within a matter of seconds, his gloves are off and in the wheelbarrow. He runs to my side and pats me on the back. "Don't worry Haz. We'll get her back. I promise."

After hours of searching the woods around the school, we walk back to the parking lot. Once I reach her car, I collapse into a fit of tears. I can't lose her. She means too much to me. She's the only person who's ever made me feel human. I don't feel like a monster, but now I do. I didn't protect her like I should have and now she's gone.

Raphael crouches down next to me and rubs my back. "Im a monster." I mumble.

"So am I. Its who we are. We can't help it." He scoffs.

"No!" I growl. "You don't understand. She makes me feel alive and human. She makes everything seem normal. She can't just be taken from me. Not without a fight."

I stand up and wipe my tears. My jaw clamps shut and my hands ball into fists.

"Not without a fight."

*Samanthas POV*

My head hurts. It feels like someone took a hammer to it.

I slowly sit up and observe my surroundings. I am lying on a thin mattress supported by a rusty frame. A torn blanket lies over me. Im not sure if you could even call it a blanket anymore.

The smell of mold fills the tiny room. Something I am highly alergic to.

I use the top of my shirt as a mask to put over my nose and my mouth to keep out the smell.

From the other side of the metal door, I can hear voices. Male voices. A few locks click before the door opens. Max stands on the other side of the door. He is leaning on the doorframe with a smirk on his face. A pair of handcuffs is in his right hand.

"Hello beautiful."

"W-What do you want from me?" my voice weak.

"Im only keeping you safe from the monster."

"You ARE the monster."

That seems to touch a nerve. The smirk drops from his face as he walks over to me. I scoot closer to the wall, increasing the distance between us. When he reaches me, he pulls my wrists out from behind my back. I am flipped on my back. I can feel the cold metal against my wrists.

Max pulls me to my feet and turns me to face him. He brings his hand up to my face and smacks me. "Don't you ever speak to me like that. You are my property now and you must obey me and treat me with respect."

The tears well up in my eyes. "I don't belong to anyone."

I am forcefully turned around and pushed out the door. Outside of the door awaits two guards. Their black wings make them seem even larger then they really are. Each of them take ahold of my shoulders. Max walks infront of us and leads us down many corridors. We walk up many steps. They must have kept me far down, in fear of someone finding me.